The 5 Best My Chemical Romance Lyrics After The Band's Breakup
Sad news was announced last week for fans of emo-rockers My Chemical romance: the band is breaking up. All good thing must come to an end, apparently, and the band released this statement explaining the split:
"Being in this band for the past 12 years has been a true blessing. We've gotten to go places we never knew we would. We've been able to see and experience things we never imagined possible. We've shared the stage with people we admire, people we look up to, and best of all, our friends. And now, like all great things, it has come time for it to end. Thanks for all of your support, and for being part of the adventure."
MCR has a fierce fanbase and this news came as a bit of a saddening shock. We wanted to pay tribute to the lyrics that so many people have related to over the course of MCR's career, so we picked out their top 5 lyrics. Read on and tell us your favorite lyrics too...
5. "They're gonna clean up your looks / With all the lies in the books / To make a citizen out of you" from Teenagers
This song is about conformity, and trying to push against the grain of society. MCR was such a successful band because they wrote about this kids care and think about, things like pressure to conform, anxiety, depression, and doubt. This line warns kids that adults and authority will try to change them and mold them but they should always be themselves.
4. "What's the worst that I could say? / Things are better if I stay / So long and goodnight" from Helena
This song was penned by Gerard Way in tribute to his grandmother, but many fans interpret it in different and personal ways. The beauty of meaningful lyrics is that any one person can interpret them differently and use them to get through difficult times in their lives.
3. "I am not afraid to keep on living / I am not afraid to walk this world alone" from Famous Last Words
This song is about the hardships in life, and how one shouldn't be afraid of them. It's a great lyric for the end of My Chemical Romance's time as a band because it symbolizes each member and their fans going their separate ways, but having no fear.
2. "One day I'll lose this fight as we fade in the dark / just remember you will always burn as bright." from The Light Behind Your Eyes
Losing the fight can mean many different things, like dying, or even killing yourself as some fans interpret this lyric. This song, despite not being on any big MCR album (it's actually on a two-song EP) became a big song with devoted fans of the group.
1. "He said, "Son, when you grow up / Would you be the savior of the broken / The beaten and the damned?"" from Welcome To The Black Parade
"The Black Parade," after this song came out, became a symbolic name for MCR fans. This lyric is great because it stands for the positivity and encouraging lyrics of the band that so many fans say helped them through hardships.
MCR, you will be missed! What are your favorite lyrics? Tell us in the comments!
- Taylor Swift Told The World What Her "Out Of The Woods" Lyrics Mean
- 15 Songs That MetroLyrics Fans Are Listening To Right Now
- WATCH: Foo Fighters Perform Brand New Single 'Something From Nothing' On Letterman
- Foo Fighters Play Cheap Trick Classic 'Stiff Competition' with Rick Nielsen: WATCH
- Get The First Spin On Paul Oakenfold & Azealia Banks' New Lyric Video
- Here's One Direction's 'Four' Track List From The Band Themselves
- Watch Foo Fighters Perform 'Miracle' & 'Polk Salad Annie' on Letterman