The Boss Is Back! Watch Bruce Springsteen's "High Hopes" Lyric Video
Get to know the words to Springsteen's latest heavy-hitting hit.
Bruce Springsteen is releasing his whopping 18th studio album, High Hopes, in early 2014, and it's a very special collection of songs according to The Boss himself. Not only does it feature his backing band, The E Street Band, it also features guest guitarist Tom Morello and previously unreleased tracks with deceased members Clarence Clemons and Danny Federici.
Says Springsteen of the collection of unreleased songs, "I felt they were among the best of my writing and deserved a proper studio recording." And the first single, the same title as the album, "High Hopes", is a prime example of some of The Boss's best work.
"Give me help, give me strength / Give a soul a night of fearless sleep / Give me love, give me peace / Don't you know these days you pay for everything," sings Springsteen in his signature sneering vocals as he plays his famous axe. The lyric video for "High Hopes" can be seen below off VEVO, which features images of working class heroes like Bruce himself:
Got a favorite lyric from Bruce Springsteen's new single? We wanna hear it!
- QUIZ: How Well Do You Know One Direction Lyrics?
- WIN Handwritten Lyrics from 5 Seconds of Summer!
- WATCH Ariana Grande ft. The Weeknd's "Love Me Harder" Lyric Video
- New Music From Gwen Stefani! Hear "Baby Don't Lie"
- Taylor Swift Told The World What Her "Out Of The Woods" Lyrics Mean
- 15 Songs That MetroLyrics Fans Are Listening To Right Now
- Get The First Spin On Paul Oakenfold & Azealia Banks' New Lyric Video