The Boss Is Back! Watch Bruce Springsteen's "High Hopes" Lyric Video
Get to know the words to Springsteen's latest heavy-hitting hit.
Bruce Springsteen is releasing his whopping 18th studio album, High Hopes, in early 2014, and it's a very special collection of songs according to The Boss himself. Not only does it feature his backing band, The E Street Band, it also features guest guitarist Tom Morello and previously unreleased tracks with deceased members Clarence Clemons and Danny Federici.
Says Springsteen of the collection of unreleased songs, "I felt they were among the best of my writing and deserved a proper studio recording." And the first single, the same title as the album, "High Hopes", is a prime example of some of The Boss's best work.
"Give me help, give me strength / Give a soul a night of fearless sleep / Give me love, give me peace / Don't you know these days you pay for everything," sings Springsteen in his signature sneering vocals as he plays his famous axe. The lyric video for "High Hopes" can be seen below off VEVO, which features images of working class heroes like Bruce himself:
Got a favorite lyric from Bruce Springsteen's new single? We wanna hear it!
- Watch Darlene Love's Final Christmas Performance on David Letterman TONIGHT
- This Hilarious Misheard Lyrics Video Will Force You to Rethink Your List of "Starbucks Lovers"
- Best Albums of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Picks
- Who Else Has Been Naughty & Nice This Christmas? WATCH Pt. II
- Get To Know The 'WILD' Soundtrack With These Exclusive Lyric Cards
- Best Singles of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Tracks
- Ring In 2015 With Our All-Night New Years Playlist