The Boss Is Back! Watch Bruce Springsteen's "High Hopes" Lyric Video
Get to know the words to Springsteen's latest heavy-hitting hit.
Bruce Springsteen is releasing his whopping 18th studio album, High Hopes, in early 2014, and it's a very special collection of songs according to The Boss himself. Not only does it feature his backing band, The E Street Band, it also features guest guitarist Tom Morello and previously unreleased tracks with deceased members Clarence Clemons and Danny Federici.
Says Springsteen of the collection of unreleased songs, "I felt they were among the best of my writing and deserved a proper studio recording." And the first single, the same title as the album, "High Hopes", is a prime example of some of The Boss's best work.
"Give me help, give me strength / Give a soul a night of fearless sleep / Give me love, give me peace / Don't you know these days you pay for everything," sings Springsteen in his signature sneering vocals as he plays his famous axe. The lyric video for "High Hopes" can be seen below off VEVO, which features images of working class heroes like Bruce himself:
Got a favorite lyric from Bruce Springsteen's new single? We wanna hear it!
- Get The Track List To Ariana Grande's 'My Everything'
- 7 Songs You MUST Have On Your July 4th Long Weekend Playlist
- See Every Lyric On Sia's New Album '1000 Forms of Fear'
- Join Becky G's Pool Party In Her "Shower" Music Video
- Neon Trees' Tyler Glenn Explains Why 'Sleeping With A Friend' Is Usually A Bad Idea
- 5 Seconds Of Summer Get Deep In Their "Amnesia" Lyric Video
- Alex & Sierra Share Handwritten Lyrics To 'Scarecrow'