The Chain Gang Of 1974 Gives Us His Handwritten Lyrics
Only we have the handwritten lyrics to "Sleepwalking" by the up-and-comer!
The Chain Gang Of 1974 is a musical project of singer-songwriter Kamtin Mohager that specializes in vibrant synth-driven pop-music. The band's new single "Sleepwalking," the first off of their latest LP Daydream Forever, showcases Mohager's penchant for writing lyrics inspired by universal themes like youth, beauty, love, and loss. To showcase his words, Mohager created a piece of handwritten lyric art, exclusively for us.
"Sleepwalking" is a significant song in that it signals a pivotal moment in Mohager's life. After taking time off following a difficult period in his life, Mohager took up surfing—a decision he says changed his life and lead him toward a healthier lifestyle. One day after a surf session, friends convinced Mohager to get back to work on new music. Feeling rejuvenated by his newfound pastime, he headed for the studio, and four hours later, "Sleepwalking" was written and recorded. Interestingly, Mohager wrote the song's lyrics from a balcony overlooking the city of Los Angeles.
Check out the handwritten artwork from Mohager for his "Sleepwalking" lyrics below.
And here's Mohager holding up his custom artwork:
Bonus: the band is offering a chance for one lucky person to WIN this awesome piece of lyric art. All you have to do is share this post across any of your social media networks and hashtag it #Sleepwalking. The band will pick three lucky winners by Monday, February 10th.
Listen to "Sleepwalking" by watching the official lyric video below:
You can download The Chain Gang Of 1974's new album Daydream Forever off iTunes now.
What's your favorite lyric from "Sleepwalking"? Share it in the comments.
- Bruno Mars Returns with Mark Ronson in "Uptown Funk"
- Watch Meghan Trainor's Candy-Colored "Lips Are Movin" Video
- Find Out Who's Performing At The 2014 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- Straight No Chaser ft. Kristen Bell's "Text Me Merry Christmas" Is Your New Modern Xmas Anthem
- Metallica Light Up The Late Late Show With 'Fuel'
- Watch Metallica Rock The Late Late Show With 'For Whom the Bell Tolls'
- Watch Band Aid 30's "Do They Know It's Christmas?" and Help Stop Ebola