The Killers Do Christmas, Western-Style
The Killers are getting into the Christmas spirit! Having become known for their charity work with the (PRODUCT)RED campaign, the rockers have released yet another awesome Christmas track — 'The Cowboys' Christmas Ball.'
The (PRODUCT)RED campaign was founded by Bono of U2 in 2006 to help raise awareness and funds for AIDS efforts in Africa. Many brands like Nike, Apple, and Converse have partnered with (PRODUCT)RED to produce products that benefit the charity. The Killers have been long-time partners and have recorded other Christmas songs like A Great Big Sled, Don't Shoot Me Santa, Joseph, Better You Than Me, and ¡Happy Birthday Guadalupe! from which all proceeds were donated to (PRODUCT)RED.
Since the Killers are from the desert of Las Vegas, Nevada, a lot of their music has been known to be influenced by the Wild Old West. 'The Cowboys' Christmas Ball' lyrics tell of a Christmas ball in the old West where country guys and gals gathered to have a good time. They set the scene with the first few adorable lines:
Way out in Old Nevada, where the Truckee's waters flow,
Where the cattle are "a-browzin'," an' the Spanish ponies grow;
Where the Northers "come a-whistlin'" from beyond the Neutral Strip;
And the prairie dogs are sneezin', as if they had "The Grip";
Sounds so festive! We don't know what it's like to have Christmas with no snow but if the Killers will be there, then count us in! Here's the song:
- Here's Our Fave Five Lyrics About Body Acceptance
- Counting Crows To Perform New Song 'Scarecrow' on CBS This Morning
- AUDIO: Nick Jonas Admits He Gets "Jealous"
- Alicia Keys Debuts New Single "We Are Here"
- Get The Lyrics to Flyleaf's 'Between The Stars' Before It Drops
- Banks Hand Wrote Out The Lyrics To "Beggin For Thread" Just For Us
- Here Are a Bunch of Crazy Facts About Sia's 'Chandelier'