The Killers Do Christmas, Western-Style
The Killers are getting into the Christmas spirit! Having become known for their charity work with the (PRODUCT)RED campaign, the rockers have released yet another awesome Christmas track — 'The Cowboys' Christmas Ball.'
The (PRODUCT)RED campaign was founded by Bono of U2 in 2006 to help raise awareness and funds for AIDS efforts in Africa. Many brands like Nike, Apple, and Converse have partnered with (PRODUCT)RED to produce products that benefit the charity. The Killers have been long-time partners and have recorded other Christmas songs like A Great Big Sled, Don't Shoot Me Santa, Joseph, Better You Than Me, and ¡Happy Birthday Guadalupe! from which all proceeds were donated to (PRODUCT)RED.
Since the Killers are from the desert of Las Vegas, Nevada, a lot of their music has been known to be influenced by the Wild Old West. 'The Cowboys' Christmas Ball' lyrics tell of a Christmas ball in the old West where country guys and gals gathered to have a good time. They set the scene with the first few adorable lines:
Way out in Old Nevada, where the Truckee's waters flow,
Where the cattle are "a-browzin'," an' the Spanish ponies grow;
Where the Northers "come a-whistlin'" from beyond the Neutral Strip;
And the prairie dogs are sneezin', as if they had "The Grip";
Sounds so festive! We don't know what it's like to have Christmas with no snow but if the Killers will be there, then count us in! Here's the song:
- Listen to Rihanna, Paul McCartney, & Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- The Kooks Got All Creative and Wrote Their Lyrics On A Paper Towel
- Pop Newcomer Emily Hearn Filled Out Our Musical Mind Q&A + Gave Us Handwritten Lyrics
- Ella Henderson Explains the True Meaning of Her Smash-Hit Single 'Ghost'
- You'll Go 'Psycho' Over These Fall Out Boy Handwritten Lyrics from Pete Wentz
- Don't Believe Fall Out Boy Covered "Uptown Funk"? Just Watch!
- WATCH Maroon 5 Crash a Bunch of Weddings