The Killers To Release New Album In 2012 (Finally!)
Earlier this week on Radio BBC1, The Killers' frontman Brendan Flowers announced that his band would be reuniting to release their fourth album this year.
Earlier this week on Radio BBC1, The Killers' frontman Brandon Flowers announced that his band will be reuniting to release their fourth album this year. The release will be the band's first in 4 years (talk about a hiatus) when they separated to pursue their own projects. Flowers undertook a solo career in 2010 when he released Flamingo, a record of synth-rock songs. The band has reunited a few times for festivals and in this span of 4 years without an album they've amassed enough songs to put one out.
Apparently The Killers "don't want to make Hot Fuss 2 or Sam's Town 2, or Day & Age 2," which is totally understandable (although we loved those albums) but the good news is that they won't stray too far from their roots: says Flowers, "I think the consensus within the band is to take those things that we've done well and really hone in on that."
According to Flowers, the new album will come out sometime in the "summertime or the wintertime," which is pretty vague but either way, we're on the lookout. Add this one to the list of our most anticipated albums of 2012!
- QUIZ: How Well Do You Know One Direction Lyrics?
- WIN Handwritten Lyrics from 5 Seconds of Summer!
- WATCH Ariana Grande ft. The Weeknd's "Love Me Harder" Lyric Video
- New Music From Gwen Stefani! Hear "Baby Don't Lie"
- Taylor Swift Told The World What Her "Out Of The Woods" Lyrics Mean
- 15 Songs That MetroLyrics Fans Are Listening To Right Now
- Get The First Spin On Paul Oakenfold & Azealia Banks' New Lyric Video