The Mars Volta New Album Stream
The Mars Volta has been relatively absent from the music scene since their last release and tour in 2009, save for a couple 2010 shows in Europe, Australia, and South America. Band members Omar Rodríguez-López and Cedric Bixler-Zavala have recently been in the news because of the announcement that their other musical project At The Drive-In is reuniting & will play in Coachella's coveted Sunday-night lineup slot. With all this attention and such a big announcement, it came as a nice surprise that the musicians' more experimental, psychedelic group The Mars Volta would be releasing a new album.
The new album, entitled Nontourniquet, is said to be inspired by Greek mythology and the Superman series (we're fascinated already) and will make use of Rodríguez-López's kaleidoscopic multi-instrumental skills and Bixler-Zavala's lyricism.
Here's a taste of the new album via a live version of the track "Nontourniquet"
The album's set to come out on March 26th both digitally and physically. Streetdate has the tracklisting and you can also stream the album right now through Rolling Stone.
- Watch Coldplay Attempt to Write a 'Game Of Thrones' Musical
- 15 BBQ Anthems For Your Upcoming Summer Weekend
- Yep, That's Justin Bieber Singing "Baby" with James Corden
- Watch Foo Fighters Close Out Letterman's Final Show With 'Everlong'
- This Video of Misheard Disney Lyrics Is Too Cute
- Alessia Cara's 'Here' Is An Anthem for the Introverted
- One Direction Address Zayn Malik's Departure, Play Epic Game of Dodgeball On Corden