Get to Know Up-and-Coming Indie Rockers The Tontons
The quartet's lead singer, Asli Omar, got cheeky when she filled out our My Musical Mind questionnaire.
Remember that scene in Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back when Luke is forced to sleep inside the Tauntaun? That scene must have resonated with Houston, Texas natives The Tontons, seeing as they named their band after the legendary snow-lizard from the film. But more important than being named after a great Star Wars reference is the fact that The Tontons also make great music. The band recently dropped their sophomore LP, saucily-titled Make Out King and Other Stories of Love, and the album's first single "Magic Hour" depicts a relationship gone sour, with the telling lyrics being What he needs, I can't give / That seems to be our history / I'm the worst, I'm cursed, I'm done. But lead singer Asli Omar proves she's anything but down & out in her cheeky My Musical Mind questionnaire.
Turns our Asli has an awesome taste in music with her listing her last played track as St. Vincent's "Digital Witness," and it gets even better when she trolls us by saying the lyrics that most inspired here were written by Korn. Just kidding! Find out what makes The Tonton's Asli Omar tick in her handwritten My Musical Mind survey:
Listen to The Tontons' latest song, "Magic Hour", off YouTube below:
Pick up The Tontons' latest album off iTunes today, and be sure to find them on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
What's your favorite song by The Tontons? Let us know what you think of their music in the comments!
- Get The Lyrics to Flyleaf's 'Between The Stars' Before It Drops
- Banks Hand Wrote Out The Lyrics To "Beggin For Thread" Just For Us
- Here Are a Bunch of Crazy Facts About Sia's 'Chandelier'
- The 12 Most Memorable Moments From Fashion Rocks Live 2014
- WATCH: Wrabel Performs "Ten Feet Tall" In One Take & It's Amazing
- Mary Lambert Has Nothing to Hide in Her Handwritten "Secrets" Lyrics
- AUDIO: Fall Out Boy Wants You To Remember Them For "Centuries"