The Top 3 Lyric Lines From Taylor Swift's New Single "Red"
Today, Taylor Swift's much-anticipated track "Red" from her upcoming fourth album of the same name was released on iTunes. The new song is a return to Swift's country roots after the album's much poppier first single "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" and prominently features some roots-y banjo stylings. Taylor recently said about "Red," "I wrote this song about the fact that some things are just hard to forget because the emotions involved with them were so intense," so we picked out the 3 best lyrics that exemplify just that: (also scroll to the bottom to hear the song)
1. "Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead end street / Faster than the wind / Passionate as sin, ended so suddenly"
Taylor recently said about this song (and album title) that to her "intense emotion is... red." We agree that she really captures "red" in this line of lyrics: fast cars immediately make us think of the color in question. Have you ever been in a relationship this intense that you feel is moving too fast?
2. "Memorizing him was as easy as knowing all the words to your old favorite song"
This line is great because we can relate to it: we've all known somebody so unforgettable that you'll always have the way they look, sound, and smell memorized like your most beloved childhood song.
3. "Losing him was blue like I'd never known / Missing him was dark grey all alone / Forgetting him was like trying to know somebody you've never met / But loving him was red"
These lyrics, which make up the chorus of the song, provide great imagery and assign a color to each emotion Taylor felt throughout her relationship with this mystery guy.
What's your favorite line in "Red"? Tell us in the comments...
- Meet Kaleo, Iceland's Newest Folk-Pop Sensation
- Check Out This Awesome Lyric Art for My Morning Jacket's New Single
- Here's A List Of Songs Turning 10 in 2015 to Make You Feel Super-Old
- You're Gonna Really Like Carly Rae Jepsen's New Single!
- Even Taylor Swift Can Get Down With Kanye's "All Day"
- Here's Why 'Uptown Funk' Is the World's Biggest Pop Song Right Now
- Christina Aguilera's Impression of Britney Spears Is Perfect