The Top 3 Lyric Lines From Taylor Swift's New Single "Red"
Today, Taylor Swift's much-anticipated track "Red" from her upcoming fourth album of the same name was released on iTunes. The new song is a return to Swift's country roots after the album's much poppier first single "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" and prominently features some roots-y banjo stylings. Taylor recently said about "Red," "I wrote this song about the fact that some things are just hard to forget because the emotions involved with them were so intense," so we picked out the 3 best lyrics that exemplify just that: (also scroll to the bottom to hear the song)
1. "Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead end street / Faster than the wind / Passionate as sin, ended so suddenly"
Taylor recently said about this song (and album title) that to her "intense emotion is... red." We agree that she really captures "red" in this line of lyrics: fast cars immediately make us think of the color in question. Have you ever been in a relationship this intense that you feel is moving too fast?
2. "Memorizing him was as easy as knowing all the words to your old favorite song"
This line is great because we can relate to it: we've all known somebody so unforgettable that you'll always have the way they look, sound, and smell memorized like your most beloved childhood song.
3. "Losing him was blue like I'd never known / Missing him was dark grey all alone / Forgetting him was like trying to know somebody you've never met / But loving him was red"
These lyrics, which make up the chorus of the song, provide great imagery and assign a color to each emotion Taylor felt throughout her relationship with this mystery guy.
What's your favorite line in "Red"? Tell us in the comments...
- In The Valley Below Sent Us A Message In A Bottle With Handwritten Lyrics On It and You Can Win It!
- 5 Love Songs That Are Actually Creepy
- ACM Awards: Everything You Need to Know About the Entertainer of the Year Nominees
- Get To Know Pop-Punk Trio Courage My Love
- Justin Bieber Leads This Epic Celebrity 'I Really Like You' Lip Sync Party
- Watch Jennifer Hudson & James Corden Kill It in 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Get All The Feels by Watching George Ezra on The Late Late Show