The Votes Are In: The 2012 Song of the Summer Is Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe"
We got almost 4000 votes on our Song Of The Summer Poll and trust us, the results were VERY close. Each song had a little something special but the winner wasn't too surprising since the song has been #1 on our Top 100 for 2 months so far. That's right, the winner is...
Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe"!
This infectious tune first gained popularity when Justin Bieber was filmed lip-syncing it with friends (including Selena Gomez). Pretty soon, the "Call Me Maybe" lipsync video became a thing and people were doing it all over the place. Katy Perry and friends made their own video and even Obama "sang" the hit song. You may not want to admit it but we're betting you and your friends have an embarrassing video-rendition of it somewhere too...
Do you agree with the votes on the poll? Do you think "Call Me Maybe" is a good summer pop song?
- Does Sam Smith's "Stay With Me" Sound Familiar? Here's Why
- Listen to Rihanna, Paul McCartney, & Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Is This The Most Random GRAMMYs Performance Lineup Ever?
- The Kooks Got All Creative and Wrote Their Lyrics On A Paper Towel
- Pop Newcomer Emily Hearn Filled Out Our Musical Mind Q&A + Gave Us Handwritten Lyrics
- Ella Henderson Explains the True Meaning of Her Smash-Hit Single 'Ghost'
- You'll Go 'Psycho' Over These Fall Out Boy Handwritten Lyrics from Pete Wentz