The Votes Are In: The 2012 Song of the Summer Is Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe"
We got almost 4000 votes on our Song Of The Summer Poll and trust us, the results were VERY close. Each song had a little something special but the winner wasn't too surprising since the song has been #1 on our Top 100 for 2 months so far. That's right, the winner is...
Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe"!
This infectious tune first gained popularity when Justin Bieber was filmed lip-syncing it with friends (including Selena Gomez). Pretty soon, the "Call Me Maybe" lipsync video became a thing and people were doing it all over the place. Katy Perry and friends made their own video and even Obama "sang" the hit song. You may not want to admit it but we're betting you and your friends have an embarrassing video-rendition of it somewhere too...
Do you agree with the votes on the poll? Do you think "Call Me Maybe" is a good summer pop song?
- 15 Eco-Friendly Anthems for Earth Day
- 7 Great Performances From the 50th ACM Awards
- 5 Love Songs That Are Actually Creepy
- In The Valley Below Sent Us A Message In A Bottle With Handwritten Lyrics On It and You Can Win It!
- ACM Awards: Everything You Need to Know About the Entertainer of the Year Nominees
- Get To Know Pop-Punk Trio Courage My Love
- Justin Bieber Leads This Epic Celebrity 'I Really Like You' Lip Sync Party