The WINNER Of The Break-Up Lyric Of The Year Belongs To… Taylor Swift!
"You go talk to your friends, talk to my friends, talk to me / But we are never ever ever ever getting back together / Like, ever..."
We saw this one coming from a mile away! With 37% of your votes in our Break-Up Lyric Of The Year poll in our MetroLyrics Year-End Awards, Taylor Swift's "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" were the most painstakingly honest break-up lyrics of 2012. Since Taylor is an expert in writing lyrics about ending relationships, she kind of had this award in the bag. Congrats, TayTay, and may your current relationship with Harry Styles be the foundation for the next set of break-up lyrics you write! Oops, too soon...?
Do you think the right song won? Tell us why or why not in the comments!
- Watch Coldplay Attempt to Write a 'Game Of Thrones' Musical
- 15 BBQ Anthems For Your Upcoming Summer Weekend
- Yep, That's Justin Bieber Singing "Baby" with James Corden
- Watch Foo Fighters Close Out Letterman's Final Show With 'Everlong'
- This Video of Misheard Disney Lyrics Is Too Cute
- Alessia Cara's 'Here' Is An Anthem for the Introverted
- One Direction Address Zayn Malik's Departure, Play Epic Game of Dodgeball On Corden