The Yeah Yeah Yeahs Send Us On A Creepy Time Warp In "Sacrilege" Video
In a small town, your secrets aren't safe; that's what the Yeah Yeah Yeah's new video for their single "Sacrilege" seems to warn. The striking, disturbing video for the hard-hitting song goes in reverse chronology starting with some townspeople encircling a woman and a man in a mask in the middle of a field. They begin to set them on fire and watch in delight. As the clip goes on, we find out that this woman had been sleeping with nearly every man (and one woman) in the town, and at the end they find her with the village priest, and everyone gets really angry. The song's lyrics are peppered with religious imagery, it even features a gospel choir, so it makes sense that the video would be too. What do you think of the "Sacrilege" video? We should warn you that a few parts are a little NSFW, so beware.
Tell us your thoughts on the video below...
- Find Out Why Surfing Helps Jason Mraz Write Such Carefree Songs
- Ariana Grande's "Break Free" Lyric Video Is A Star Wars Tribute!
- Watch Johnnyswim Explain Why They Went Back To Their Roots and Wrote The Song 'Home'
- Play These 8 Reggae Jams At Your Next Beach Outing
- Shawn Mendes' "Life Of The Party" Lyric Video Isn't A Party At All
- The 5 Most Iconic Pink Floyd Lyrics Of All Time
- Madonna Shares Lyrics to New Song "Messiah" On Instagram