The Yeah Yeah Yeahs Send Us On A Creepy Time Warp In "Sacrilege" Video
In a small town, your secrets aren't safe; that's what the Yeah Yeah Yeah's new video for their single "Sacrilege" seems to warn. The striking, disturbing video for the hard-hitting song goes in reverse chronology starting with some townspeople encircling a woman and a man in a mask in the middle of a field. They begin to set them on fire and watch in delight. As the clip goes on, we find out that this woman had been sleeping with nearly every man (and one woman) in the town, and at the end they find her with the village priest, and everyone gets really angry. The song's lyrics are peppered with religious imagery, it even features a gospel choir, so it makes sense that the video would be too. What do you think of the "Sacrilege" video? We should warn you that a few parts are a little NSFW, so beware.
Tell us your thoughts on the video below...
- Watch Darlene Love's Final Christmas Performance on David Letterman TONIGHT
- This Hilarious Misheard Lyrics Video Will Force You to Rethink Your List of "Starbucks Lovers"
- Best Albums of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Picks
- Who Else Has Been Naughty & Nice This Christmas? WATCH Pt. II
- Best Singles of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Tracks
- Ring In 2015 With Our All-Night New Years Playlist
- 15 Artists We Bet Will Make Waves In 2015