These 9 Country Songs Pretty Much Define Summertime
The music genre & the season just seem to go hand-in-hand, don't they? Listen to our top summery country picks
We're not exactly sure why country musicians always reference the epic season that is summer in their lyrics. Seriously, take a look at some of country's biggest hits over the past few years: they all seem to include some line about soaking up the sun, hanging by the river bed, and getting their summer night party on. Must be somethin' in that southern water! If you're like us and love to partake in summertime's finest activities, then you'll need a countrified soundtrack to go along with those hot summer days and warm summer nights. Count down our favorite country odes to the summer, from nine to one!
Best Albums of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Picks
See who made my list of the most-spun records of the year!...More
9. Cold One -- Eric Church
Most summery lyric line: "That was a cold one I never will get back / Yeah she had to leave, did she have to leave me one beer short of a twelve pack? / She left me hanging high and dry in that hell high summer sun..."
8. Dandelion -- Kacey Musgraves
Most summery lyric line: "Picked you out and picked you up / Hopin' that my luck would change / Let the summer fill my lungs / Superstition fill my brain..."
7. Feelin' It -- Scotty McCreery
Most summery lyric line: "Pop tops poppin' / Flip-flops floppin' / Drop tops droppin' down / Ray-Bans rayin' / Waves are wavin' / Ladies are layin' out / Feelin' it..."
6. Day Drinking -- Little Big Town
Most summery lyric line: "Everybody's always waiting on Friday / Watching that clock and sittin' on go / Whatcha' say we find a little warm sunshine / And open up an umbrella on the patio..."
5. Beachin' -- Jake Owen
Most summery lyric line: "And it's sunshine, blue eyes, tan lines, so tight / Rollin' white sand, cold can koozie in my hand, just a summertime story / Chillin', breazin', sippin', singin' whoaoaoh / Beachin'..."
4. Smokin' and Drinkin' -- Miranda Lambert (ft. Little Big Town)
Most summery lyric line: "It was one of those fires that burned all night and made your blue jeans smell like smoke / Hanging with friends, going against our upbringing, smokin' and drinkin' ..."
3. That's My Kind Of Night -- Luke Bryan
Most summery lyric line: "You can hang your t-shirt on a limb / Hit that bank and we can ease on in / Soak us up a little moonlight / You know I know what you like..."
2. Mine -- Taylor Swift
Most summery lyric line: "Do you remember we were sitting there by the water? / You put your arm around me for the first time / You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter / You are the best thing that's ever been mine..."
1. Cruise -- Florida Georgia Line
Most summery lyric line: "She was sippin' on Southern and singin' Marshall Tucker / We were falling in love in the sweet heart of summer ..."
- Watch Darlene Love's Final Christmas Performance on David Letterman TONIGHT
- This Hilarious Misheard Lyrics Video Will Force You to Rethink Your List of "Starbucks Lovers"
- Who Else Has Been Naughty & Nice This Christmas? WATCH Pt. II
- Get To Know The 'WILD' Soundtrack With These Exclusive Lyric Cards
- Best Singles of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Tracks
- Ring In 2015 With Our All-Night New Years Playlist
- 15 Artists We Bet Will Make Waves In 2015