These 9 Country Songs Pretty Much Define Summertime
The music genre & the season just seem to go hand-in-hand, don't they? Listen to our top summery country picks
We're not exactly sure why country musicians always reference the epic season that is summer in their lyrics. Seriously, take a look at some of country's biggest hits over the past few years: they all seem to include some line about soaking up the sun, hanging by the river bed, and getting their summer night party on. Must be somethin' in that southern water! If you're like us and love to partake in summertime's finest activities, then you'll need a countrified soundtrack to go along with those hot summer days and warm summer nights. Count down our favorite country odes to the summer, from nine to one!
Is This The Most Random GRAMMYs Performance Lineup Ever?
The 2015 awards show will host a bevy of totally different music genres — not to mention generations ...More
9. Cold One -- Eric Church
Most summery lyric line: "That was a cold one I never will get back / Yeah she had to leave, did she have to leave me one beer short of a twelve pack? / She left me hanging high and dry in that hell high summer sun..."
8. Dandelion -- Kacey Musgraves
Most summery lyric line: "Picked you out and picked you up / Hopin' that my luck would change / Let the summer fill my lungs / Superstition fill my brain..."
7. Feelin' It -- Scotty McCreery
Most summery lyric line: "Pop tops poppin' / Flip-flops floppin' / Drop tops droppin' down / Ray-Bans rayin' / Waves are wavin' / Ladies are layin' out / Feelin' it..."
6. Day Drinking -- Little Big Town
Most summery lyric line: "Everybody's always waiting on Friday / Watching that clock and sittin' on go / Whatcha' say we find a little warm sunshine / And open up an umbrella on the patio..."
5. Beachin' -- Jake Owen
Most summery lyric line: "And it's sunshine, blue eyes, tan lines, so tight / Rollin' white sand, cold can koozie in my hand, just a summertime story / Chillin', breazin', sippin', singin' whoaoaoh / Beachin'..."
4. Smokin' and Drinkin' -- Miranda Lambert (ft. Little Big Town)
Most summery lyric line: "It was one of those fires that burned all night and made your blue jeans smell like smoke / Hanging with friends, going against our upbringing, smokin' and drinkin' ..."
3. That's My Kind Of Night -- Luke Bryan
Most summery lyric line: "You can hang your t-shirt on a limb / Hit that bank and we can ease on in / Soak us up a little moonlight / You know I know what you like..."
2. Mine -- Taylor Swift
Most summery lyric line: "Do you remember we were sitting there by the water? / You put your arm around me for the first time / You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter / You are the best thing that's ever been mine..."
1. Cruise -- Florida Georgia Line
Most summery lyric line: "She was sippin' on Southern and singin' Marshall Tucker / We were falling in love in the sweet heart of summer ..."
- The Kooks Got All Creative and Wrote Their Lyrics On A Paper Towel
- Listen to Rihanna, Paul McCartney, & Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Pop Newcomer Emily Hearn Filled Out Our Musical Mind Q&A + Gave Us Handwritten Lyrics
- Ella Henderson Explains the True Meaning of Her Smash-Hit Single 'Ghost'
- You'll Go 'Psycho' Over These Fall Out Boy Handwritten Lyrics from Pete Wentz
- Don't Believe Fall Out Boy Covered "Uptown Funk"? Just Watch!
- WATCH Maroon 5 Crash a Bunch of Weddings