Things Ben Gibbard Is Doing On His Birthday (Based On Death Cab Lyrics)
Everyone's at least sort of down with Death Cab For Cutie, all thanks to Seth Cohen of course. And the fact that Ben Gibbard managed to tie down "indie-movie bombshell" Zooey Deschanel offers all their nerdy fans a glimmer of hope at nabbing the hottie. I mean, Seth Cohen got Summer Roberts and he listened to Death Cab, so you can do it too!
So in honour of the original Indie King's birthday (which is today, August 11  BTW), we thought we'd provide a list of activities that he's maybe (probably) doing, based on Death Cab lyrics. Trust us, this is totally accurate.
1. Lurking and/or stalking
There are days when outside your window / I see my reflection as I slowly pass / And I long for this mirrored perspective / When we'll be lovers, lovers at last - I Will Possess Your Heart
Oh cool. Every girl wants to see Creeps Mcgee peering into their window late at night (or any time of day for that matter). What's that? You said it's your birthday? Okay, well just this once....
2. Changing lightbulbs around the house
If there's no one beside you / When your soul embarks / Then I'll follow you into the dark - I Will Follow You Into The Dark
Zooey: "Or you could just...change the lightbulbs?"
Ben: "Yeah but it's more poetic this way don't you think?"
3. Having an outer-body experience
I want to live where soul meets body / And let the sun wrap its arms around me / And bathe in water cool and cleansing / And feel, feel what it's like to be new - Soul Meets Body
Hey, who doesn't break out the tarot cards, ouija board and candles once in a while? Plus there's probably a better chance of having a successful outer-body experience on your birthday 'cause, the planets are like totally aligned, right?
4. PARTY ROCKIN'
You're so cute when you're slurring your speech / But they're closing the bar and they want us to leave - Crooked Teeth
Can't you just picture Ben Gibbard fist pumpin' to Journey all decked out in a velvet blazer and thick frames? Zooey has to coax him home by telling him that a late night OC marathon is on.
...or he could just be hanging out with his family and friends like a normal person. Who knows! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEN!
- Kesha, Big Sean, Ezra Koenig, Grimes Crash HAIM's "My Song 5" Video
- Here's Taylor Swift's 5 Best Lyric Lines About Shaking Off The Haters
- Look Up Lyrics In A Flash On The New MetroLyrics Mobile Site
- Mikky Ekko's "Smile" Lyrics Aren't As Optimistic As You'd Think
- Bastille's Dan Smith Explains Why He Loves Writing Bleak (Yet Uplifting) Pop Songs
- Watch Dan Wilson Talk About Writing a Little Song Called 'Someone Like You' With Adele
- Iggy Azalea & Rita Ora Slay In 'Kill Bill'-inspired "Black Widow" Video