Thirty Seconds To Mars Explain Why Writing A Song Is Like Having A Kid (LINER NOTES)
That plus a whole lot more about how the band write lyrics in this episode of LINER NOTES.
Welcome to another episode of LINER NOTES, our video interview series that profiles songwriters on their craft, discussing how they write lyrics and revealing the meanings behind some of the words.
In this episode, we sit down with Jared and Shannon Leto of the band Thirty Seconds To Mars. During the interview, the guys discuss the process that they use for writing lyrics, and particularly on their new album LOVE LUST FAITH + DREAMS. The song "City of Angels" is discussed at length, which makes sense given that Jared describes it as "maybe the most personal song [he's] ever written." Jared also draws an interesting comparison when he compares writing a song to having a child. Watch the video below to find out why.
*Note: If for some reason you're having trouble viewing the video, you can watch it here on YouTube.
For more LINER NOTES, check out some of our past interviews:
Thirty Seconds To Mars' latest album, LOVE LUST FAITH + DREAMS, is available on iTunes now.
Share your favorite Thirty Seconds To Mars lyric in the comments.
- Jamie Scott Explains 'My Hurricane', Drops New Lyric Video
- Kristeen Young To Perform On Late Late Show With Nirvana's Dave Grohl & Pat Smear
- Weird Al Gives Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines" A Grammatical Parody
- Take A Virtual Safari With Mother Mother In New 'Get Out The Way' Lyric Video
- Watch Sultry Soul Singer Jenn Em's New 'Jailkeeper' Lyric Video
- Watch Weird Al Yankovic's Hilarious Parody of Pharrell's 'Happy'
- Are You In The Pretty Reckless's "Heaven Knows" Lyric Video?