Thirty Seconds To Mars Explain Why Writing A Song Is Like Having A Kid (LINER NOTES)
That plus a whole lot more about how the band write lyrics in this episode of LINER NOTES.
Welcome to another episode of LINER NOTES, our video interview series that profiles songwriters on their craft, discussing how they write lyrics and revealing the meanings behind some of the words.
In this episode, we sit down with Jared and Shannon Leto of the band Thirty Seconds To Mars. During the interview, the guys discuss the process that they use for writing lyrics, and particularly on their new album LOVE LUST FAITH + DREAMS. The song "City of Angels" is discussed at length, which makes sense given that Jared describes it as "maybe the most personal song [he's] ever written." Jared also draws an interesting comparison when he compares writing a song to having a child. Watch the video below to find out why.
*Note: If for some reason you're having trouble viewing the video, you can watch it here on YouTube.
For more LINER NOTES, check out some of our past interviews:
Thirty Seconds To Mars' latest album, LOVE LUST FAITH + DREAMS, is available on iTunes now.
Share your favorite Thirty Seconds To Mars lyric in the comments.
- WATCH Eminem ft. Sia's "Guts Over Fear" Lyric Video
- "Salsa Tequila" Nails All Four Elements In A Hit Summer Single
- Here's Our Fave Five Lyrics About Body Acceptance
- Counting Crows To Perform New Song 'Scarecrow' on CBS This Morning
- AUDIO: Nick Jonas Admits He Gets "Jealous"
- Alicia Keys Debuts New Single "We Are Here"
- Get The Lyrics to Flyleaf's 'Between The Stars' Before It Drops