Thirty Seconds To Mars Explain Why Writing A Song Is Like Having A Kid (LINER NOTES)
That plus a whole lot more about how the band write lyrics in this episode of LINER NOTES.
Welcome to another episode of LINER NOTES, our video interview series that profiles songwriters on their craft, discussing how they write lyrics and revealing the meanings behind some of the words.
In this episode, we sit down with Jared and Shannon Leto of the band Thirty Seconds To Mars. During the interview, the guys discuss the process that they use for writing lyrics, and particularly on their new album LOVE LUST FAITH + DREAMS. The song "City of Angels" is discussed at length, which makes sense given that Jared describes it as "maybe the most personal song [he's] ever written." Jared also draws an interesting comparison when he compares writing a song to having a child. Watch the video below to find out why.
*Note: If for some reason you're having trouble viewing the video, you can watch it here on YouTube.
For more LINER NOTES, check out some of our past interviews:
Thirty Seconds To Mars' latest album, LOVE LUST FAITH + DREAMS, is available on iTunes now.
Empire of the Sun Talk Lyrics In Exclusive Video Interview (LINER NOTES)
Find out why the band compares songwriting to running a marathon....More
Share your favorite Thirty Seconds To Mars lyric in the comments.
- Watch Darlene Love's Final Christmas Performance on David Letterman TONIGHT
- This Hilarious Misheard Lyrics Video Will Force You to Rethink Your List of "Starbucks Lovers"
- Best Albums of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Picks
- Who Else Has Been Naughty & Nice This Christmas? WATCH Pt. II
- Get To Know The 'WILD' Soundtrack With These Exclusive Lyric Cards
- Best Singles of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Tracks
- Ring In 2015 With Our All-Night New Years Playlist