Toni Braxton Hand Wrote Out The Lyrics To Her New Song With BabyFace
And we've got em!
Back in the 90's, R&B powerhouse Toni Braxton and singer/songwriter Babyface were on top of the game, both as solo artists and together as a team. The pair first made waves in 1992 for their single "Give U My Heart", and continued to work together as Babyface helped produce Braxton's self-titled debut LP in 1993. Now, over 20 years later, the long-time collaborators are releasing a new album, titled Love, Marriage & Divorce, due out February 4th.
Braxton opened up to ESSENCE magazine about the title and theme of the upcoming record. "I think because Babyface and I have both gone through divorces, we can relate and we can collaborate together on this topic and make it so others who have gone through this situation can relate," said the superstar. "Hurt You", the first single from the album, is definitely striking a chord with listeners, as it tells the tale of a love that accidentally went south.
"Where Did We Go Wrong" is another reflective duet off Love, Marriage & Divorce, with Babyface and Braxton both asking the question: "Is it all my fault?". We have the handwritten lyrics to the track, penned by Toni Braxton herself, exclusively on our site for you to check out!
Click play on the "Where Did We Go Wrong" audio clip below and follow along with the lyrics.
Love, Marriage, and Divorce is available for pre-order now on iTunes.
Share your favorite lyric from "Where Did We Go Wrong" in the comments.
- Watch Darlene Love's Final Christmas Performance on David Letterman TONIGHT
- This Hilarious Misheard Lyrics Video Will Force You to Rethink Your List of "Starbucks Lovers"
- Best Albums of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Picks
- Who Else Has Been Naughty & Nice This Christmas? WATCH Pt. II
- Best Singles of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Tracks
- Ring In 2015 With Our All-Night New Years Playlist
- 15 Artists We Bet Will Make Waves In 2015