T-Pain Puts His Own Materialistic Spin On Lorde's "Royals"
From "We'll never be royals" to "we drinkin' Crown Royal!"
Remember T-Pain, everybody? The Autotune-loving hip-hop performer decided to take Lorde's "Royals" lyrics and make a remix of the famous anti-materialism track, making it all about the Benjamins! That's right, he took the simple message that Lorde proclaims in her song ("We will never be royals") and put his pro-cash spin on it ("Seems like yesterday we was drinking Crown Royal"). It might sound like a ridiculous thing to do, given the original thought process behind "Royals", but T-Pain's remix is rather hilarious yet endearing.
"Now they tryin' to hate on us / And I just party on my bus", croons T-Pain in the remix, which replaces Lorde's "That kind of lux just ain't for us / We crave a different kind of buzz". Literally every line is replaced with its opposite thanks to T-Pain, and we kind of love it. Want to hear the "Royals" remix? Stream it below off YouTube:
What do you think of T-Pain changing the "Royals" lyrics to something completely opposite? Let us know in the comments.
- Kick Back With These 6 Songs For A Lazy Summer Afternoon
- Jamie Scott Explains 'My Hurricane', Drops New Lyric Video
- Kristeen Young To Perform On Late Late Show With Nirvana's Dave Grohl & Pat Smear
- Weird Al Gives Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines" A Grammatical Parody
- Take A Virtual Safari With Mother Mother In New 'Get Out The Way' Lyric Video
- Watch Sultry Soul Singer Jenn Em's New 'Jailkeeper' Lyric Video
- Watch Weird Al Yankovic's Hilarious Parody of Pharrell's 'Happy'