Tupac Hologram, Thom Yorke's Ponytail, and Rihanna: Coachella Weekend 1 Roundup
It's safe to say that this past weekend was one of the craziest in music history: California's legendary Coachella festival spanned out for 3 days of rock/hip-hop/pop music madness! Whether you were watching the live stream, catching up via Twitter, or there IN PERSON, it was definitely a week to remember. Our friends at KROQ attended Coachella this year and have all the highlights for us, so let's start rounding up the days...
Friday, April 13th
Probably the biggest act to headline the first night of the festival was Swedish House Mafia. Check out this clip of "Save The World" by the electro-house DJs and get your dance on!
Saturday, April 14th
Our personal highlight of Saturday night was iconic rockers Radiohead, especially lead Thom Yorke's adorable ponytail that made the usually shy and demure singer appear loose and relaxed! The entire set was breathtaking, but we loved "Reckoner" the best: watch it above!
Sunday, April 15th
Lots of acts hit the stage for the last day of weekend 1 (Florence + The Machine, Calvin Harris & surprise guest Rihanna), but the most talked about was definitely Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg's performance. Not only was it buzzworthy because Wiz Khalifa, 50 Cent, and Eminem took the stage, the real kicker was a hologram of the iconic rapper Tupac (who passed away in 1996) performing "Hail Mary" and "Ain't Nothin' Like A Gangsta Party". The video of the, er, hologram is posted above: what do you think of bringing Tupac back to the stage?
For photos, videos, and more recaps of Coachella weekend 1, head on over to KROQ.com.
- Meet Kaleo, Iceland's Newest Folk-Pop Sensation
- Check Out This Awesome Lyric Art for My Morning Jacket's New Single
- You're Gonna Really Like Carly Rae Jepsen's New Single!
- Even Taylor Swift Can Get Down With Kanye's "All Day"
- Here's Why 'Uptown Funk' Is the World's Biggest Pop Song Right Now
- Christina Aguilera's Impression of Britney Spears Is Perfect
- This Mash-Up of Jay Z and Ed Sheeran Is Absolutely Everything