Video: Miranda Lambert - Over You
Miranda Lambert just released a haunting video for her newest single "Over You" from the album Four The Record. The song is a sad one, and Miranda says the lyrics were inspired by the death of her husband Blake Shelton's brother. When Miranda was releasing her album last year, she told Ladies' Home Journal about the process of writing the song:
"Blake's brother was killed instantly in a car accident at 24, when Blake was 14. And one day he just opened up and was talking to me about it. And then he was playing this pretty little melody and we started adding words. I said, "You went away," and Blake said, "How dare you," and we both started crying."
Lambert said that Shelton thought she should sing the song on her album because he would have a hard time singing it without tearing up. Even though Lambert never met his late brother, she still feels his pain as his wife, saying,"Now that I'm so close to him, it's my pain, too."
Watch the video for "Over You":
- 10 New Pop Tracks We're Thankful For This Thanksgiving
- The 10 Best Performances At The 2014 American Music Awards
- Is '7/11' The Best Beyonce Music Video Of All Time?
- Metallica Wrap Late Late Show Run With 'Sad But True' — Relive Every Performance
- WALK THE MOON Preview New Album With Awesome Hand-Drawn Lyric Art (EXCLUSIVE)
- WATCH 5 Seconds Of Summer's "What I Like About You" Lyric Video
- Metallica's Late Late Show Run Continues With "Enter Sandman"