Video: Miranda Lambert - Over You
Miranda Lambert just released a haunting video for her newest single "Over You" from the album Four The Record. The song is a sad one, and Miranda says the lyrics were inspired by the death of her husband Blake Shelton's brother. When Miranda was releasing her album last year, she told Ladies' Home Journal about the process of writing the song:
"Blake's brother was killed instantly in a car accident at 24, when Blake was 14. And one day he just opened up and was talking to me about it. And then he was playing this pretty little melody and we started adding words. I said, "You went away," and Blake said, "How dare you," and we both started crying."
Lambert said that Shelton thought she should sing the song on her album because he would have a hard time singing it without tearing up. Even though Lambert never met his late brother, she still feels his pain as his wife, saying,"Now that I'm so close to him, it's my pain, too."
Watch the video for "Over You":
- Even Taylor Swift Can Get Down With Kanye's "All Day"
- Here's Why 'Uptown Funk' Is World's Biggest Pop Song Right Now
- Christina Aguilera's Impression of Britney Spears Is Perfect
- This Mash-Up of Jay Z and Ed Sheeran Is Absolutely Everything
- Ed Sheeran Puts His Spin On A...Christina Aguilera Classic?
- The Oh Hellos Letter-Graded Their 'Hello My Old Heart' Handwritten Lyrics For Us
- Our Favorite Musical Moments from the 2015 Oscars