Video: Ruben Studdard - June 28th (I'm Single)
In the words of Neil Sedaka, breaking up is hard to do. But sometimes putting it all out there eases the pain (Hello, Gotye!).
Joining the break-up song ranks of Adele, Gotye, and Taylor Swift is everyone's favorite American Idol alum, Ruben Studdard with "June 28th (I'm Single)". As some of you may or may not know, Ruben ended his two year marriage to his wife (who he met at a Wal-Mart album-signing!), and now thanks to his latest single we know all the details.
In a fairly personal account, the opening lyrics express Ruben's yearning for his ex-wife:
Girl I tried everything to make you smile / I gave you the world on a platter but you wanted out / I'm not into keeping somebody / That don't want to be mine
But as the song goes on, the listener gets the feeling (pretty loud and clear) that Ruben's ready to MINGLE:
Ladies, I'm single / So when you see me on the street / Don't be scared to speak / I'm a need another lady / I'm single
So in case you were wondering, he's single. Get in line, ladies (preferably at his next Wal-Mart signing).
- Watch Darlene Love's Final Christmas Performance on David Letterman TONIGHT
- This Hilarious Misheard Lyrics Video Will Force You to Rethink Your List of "Starbucks Lovers"
- Best Albums of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Picks
- Who Else Has Been Naughty & Nice This Christmas? WATCH Pt. II
- Get To Know The 'WILD' Soundtrack With These Exclusive Lyric Cards
- Best Singles of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Tracks
- Ring In 2015 With Our All-Night New Years Playlist