Video: Taylor Swift's "Safe & Sound" From The Hunger Games
In the haunting new lullaby from Taylor Swift and collaborators The Civil Wars 'Safe & Sound' , Swift sings words of comfort and safety to a loved one. The song was written by Swift and T-Bone Burnett for the soundtrack for upcoming film The Hunger Games. The movie follows the story of young people fighting an epic battle, but the young country singer wanted to focus on the other side of the story: " I just knew that I wanted it to deal with the empathy, sort of the more sensitive side, the bittersweet side of this story," Swift told an interviewer from MTV.
The song lyrics are sweet, tender, and comforting and Swift and The Civil Wars' delivery is haunting and sad. The video is sparse and thoughtful, featuring Swift walking in a barren forest that seems to be on fire in some parts, which is echoed in the lyrics:
Don't you dare look out your window darling / Everything's on fire / The war outside our door keeps raging on / Hold onto this lullaby / Even when the music's gone
Watch the video for this beautiful song, and also check out the behind the scenes video of 'Safe & Sound':
What do you think of Taylor Swift's new song? Will you be seeing The Hunger Games? Tell us your thoughts below!
- Get The Track List To Ariana Grande's 'My Everything'
- 7 Songs You MUST Have On Your July 4th Long Weekend Playlist
- See Every Lyric On Sia's New Album '1000 Forms of Fear'
- Join Becky G's Pool Party In Her "Shower" Music Video
- Neon Trees' Tyler Glenn Explains Why 'Sleeping With A Friend' Is Usually A Bad Idea
- 5 Seconds Of Summer Get Deep In Their "Amnesia" Lyric Video
- Alex & Sierra Share Handwritten Lyrics To 'Scarecrow'