Video: Taylor Swift's "Safe & Sound" From The Hunger Games
In the haunting new lullaby from Taylor Swift and collaborators The Civil Wars 'Safe & Sound' , Swift sings words of comfort and safety to a loved one. The song was written by Swift and T-Bone Burnett for the soundtrack for upcoming film The Hunger Games. The movie follows the story of young people fighting an epic battle, but the young country singer wanted to focus on the other side of the story: " I just knew that I wanted it to deal with the empathy, sort of the more sensitive side, the bittersweet side of this story," Swift told an interviewer from MTV.
The song lyrics are sweet, tender, and comforting and Swift and The Civil Wars' delivery is haunting and sad. The video is sparse and thoughtful, featuring Swift walking in a barren forest that seems to be on fire in some parts, which is echoed in the lyrics:
Don't you dare look out your window darling / Everything's on fire / The war outside our door keeps raging on / Hold onto this lullaby / Even when the music's gone
Watch the video for this beautiful song, and also check out the behind the scenes video of 'Safe & Sound':
What do you think of Taylor Swift's new song? Will you be seeing The Hunger Games? Tell us your thoughts below!
- Ariana Grande's "Break Free" Lyric Video Is A Star Wars Tribute!
- Watch Johnnyswim Explain Why They Went Back To Their Roots and Wrote The Song 'Home'
- Play These 8 Reggae Jams At Your Next Beach Outing
- Shawn Mendes' "Life Of The Party" Lyric Video Isn't A Party At All
- The 5 Most Iconic Pink Floyd Lyrics Of All Time
- Madonna Shares Lyrics to New Song "Messiah" On Instagram
- Get The Track List To Ariana Grande's 'My Everything'