Video: Taylor Swift's "Safe & Sound" From The Hunger Games
In the haunting new lullaby from Taylor Swift and collaborators The Civil Wars 'Safe & Sound' , Swift sings words of comfort and safety to a loved one. The song was written by Swift and T-Bone Burnett for the soundtrack for upcoming film The Hunger Games. The movie follows the story of young people fighting an epic battle, but the young country singer wanted to focus on the other side of the story: " I just knew that I wanted it to deal with the empathy, sort of the more sensitive side, the bittersweet side of this story," Swift told an interviewer from MTV.
The song lyrics are sweet, tender, and comforting and Swift and The Civil Wars' delivery is haunting and sad. The video is sparse and thoughtful, featuring Swift walking in a barren forest that seems to be on fire in some parts, which is echoed in the lyrics:
Don't you dare look out your window darling / Everything's on fire / The war outside our door keeps raging on / Hold onto this lullaby / Even when the music's gone
Watch the video for this beautiful song, and also check out the behind the scenes video of 'Safe & Sound':
What do you think of Taylor Swift's new song? Will you be seeing The Hunger Games? Tell us your thoughts below!
- Does Sam Smith's "Stay With Me" Sound Familiar? Here's Why
- Listen to Rihanna, Paul McCartney, & Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Is This The Most Random GRAMMYs Performance Lineup Ever?
- The Kooks Got All Creative and Wrote Their Lyrics On A Paper Towel
- Pop Newcomer Emily Hearn Filled Out Our Musical Mind Q&A + Gave Us Handwritten Lyrics
- Ella Henderson Explains the True Meaning of Her Smash-Hit Single 'Ghost'
- You'll Go 'Psycho' Over These Fall Out Boy Handwritten Lyrics from Pete Wentz