WATCH American Authors Explain 'Best Day Of My Life' Lyrics
Find out the inspiration for the song in this exclusive clip
OK, so you don't have to be a lit major to figure out that American Authors' hit song "Best Day Of My Life" is about, well, having a really awesome day, but did you know that the song's imagery was inspired by a famous children's book? It's true. We're not just going to tell you which one, though. You'll have to watch the video to find out, directly from lead-singer Zac Barnett. Zac also explains how the song's lyrics can help cope with all the negative stuff going on in the world, because, as he says, "sometimes it's good to just escape, to somehow get away from that, and create your own best day." Isn't that the truth.
For more American Authors, check out our exclusive interview with the band right here, where they talk more about turning struggle into art and give us insight into their songwriting process.
American Authors' debut major-label LP Oh, What A Life is available on iTunes now.
Have a favorite lyric from "Best Day Of My Life"? Share it in the comments below.
- 10 New Pop Tracks We're Thankful For This Thanksgiving
- The 10 Best Performances At The 2014 American Music Awards
- Is '7/11' The Best Beyonce Music Video Of All Time?
- Metallica Wrap Late Late Show Run With 'Sad But True' — Relive Every Performance
- WALK THE MOON Preview New Album With Awesome Hand-Drawn Lyric Art (EXCLUSIVE)
- WATCH 5 Seconds Of Summer's "What I Like About You" Lyric Video
- Metallica's Late Late Show Run Continues With "Enter Sandman"