Bastille Reveal the Real Life Blaze That Inspired 'Things We Lost In The Fire'
Lead singer Dan Smith discusses the song's inspiration in this episode of BETWEEN THE LINES
For this episode of BETWEEN THE LINES, our series featuring songwriters discussing the meaning and inspiration of a song, Dan Smith of the band Bastille explains "Things We Lost in the Fire," the sixth single off the band's debut studio album Bad Blood. Dan discusses the song's inspiration, including the real-life experience that caused him to write it, and why he chose fire to act as a metaphor for a break up. Watch the video above to hear Dan's explanation of "Things We Lost in the Fire."
Listen to "Things We Lost in the Fire" below via the song's music video:
Bastille's debut studio album Bad Blood is available on iTunes now.
Share your favorite lyric from "Things We Lost in the Fire" in the comments below.
Ring In 2015 With Our All-Night New Years Playlist
Live it up this NYE by blasting our Spotify / YouTube playlist featuring 2014's best hits + party favorites...More
- INTERVIEW: Elvis Perkins Shares Stories From On The Road
- PREMIERE: Rixton Unveil New "Hotel Ceiling" Lyric Video
- The ACMs Turn 50! What Do Luke Bryan & Blake Shelton Have Planned?
- North West Stars In Kanye's "Only One" Video
- Share Your Thoughts On Kelly Clarkson's 'Piece by Piece' Lyrics
- Rumor Has It: Will Rihanna Perform 'FourFiveSeconds' At The 2015 GRAMMYs?
- Taylor Swift Has Trademarked 'This Sick Beat' and a Bunch of Other 1989 Lyrics