Bastille Reveal the Real Life Blaze That Inspired 'Things We Lost In The Fire'
Lead singer Dan Smith discusses the song's inspiration in this episode of BETWEEN THE LINES
For this episode of BETWEEN THE LINES, our series featuring songwriters discussing the meaning and inspiration of a song, Dan Smith of the band Bastille explains "Things We Lost in the Fire," the sixth single off the band's debut studio album Bad Blood. Dan discusses the song's inspiration, including the real-life experience that caused him to write it, and why he chose fire to act as a metaphor for a break up. Watch the video above to hear Dan's explanation of "Things We Lost in the Fire."
Listen to "Things We Lost in the Fire" below via the song's music video:
Bastille's debut studio album Bad Blood is available on iTunes now.
Share your favorite lyric from "Things We Lost in the Fire" in the comments below.
- Kimbra's 'Love In High Places' Lyric Video Is a True Work of Art
- Don't Miss David Gray's Upcoming Live On Letterman Performance
- Miley Cyrus Crashes Pharrell's Dance Party In New Video
- Listen to Rixton's New Single 'Wait On Me' + Read Along With Their Handwritten Lyrics
- The Voice's Christina Grimmie Really Likes Video Games
- Conway's Hidden Her "Killer" Handwritten Lyrics In A Maze
- Watch Weird Al's Latest Hilarious Music Video For 'Sports Song'