Bastille Reveal the Real Life Blaze That Inspired 'Things We Lost In The Fire'
Lead singer Dan Smith discusses the song's inspiration in this episode of BETWEEN THE LINES
For this episode of BETWEEN THE LINES, our series featuring songwriters discussing the meaning and inspiration of a song, Dan Smith of the band Bastille explains "Things We Lost in the Fire," the sixth single off the band's debut studio album Bad Blood. Dan discusses the song's inspiration, including the real-life experience that caused him to write it, and why he chose fire to act as a metaphor for a break up. Watch the video above to hear Dan's explanation of "Things We Lost in the Fire."
Listen to "Things We Lost in the Fire" below via the song's music video:
Bastille's debut studio album Bad Blood is available on iTunes now.
Share your favorite lyric from "Things We Lost in the Fire" in the comments below.
Ring In 2015 With Our All-Night New Years Playlist
Live it up this NYE by blasting our Spotify / YouTube playlist featuring 2014's best hits + party favorites...More
- Watch Darlene Love's Final Christmas Performance on David Letterman TONIGHT
- This Hilarious Misheard Lyrics Video Will Force You to Rethink Your List of "Starbucks Lovers"
- Best Albums of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Picks
- Who Else Has Been Naughty & Nice This Christmas? WATCH Pt. II
- Get To Know The 'WILD' Soundtrack With These Exclusive Lyric Cards
- Best Singles of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Tracks
- 15 Artists We Bet Will Make Waves In 2015