Bastille Reveal the Real Life Blaze That Inspired 'Things We Lost In The Fire'
Lead singer Dan Smith discusses the song's inspiration in this episode of BETWEEN THE LINES
For this episode of BETWEEN THE LINES, our series featuring songwriters discussing the meaning and inspiration of a song, Dan Smith of the band Bastille explains "Things We Lost in the Fire," the sixth single off the band's debut studio album Bad Blood. Dan discusses the song's inspiration, including the real-life experience that caused him to write it, and why he chose fire to act as a metaphor for a break up. Watch the video above to hear Dan's explanation of "Things We Lost in the Fire."
Listen to "Things We Lost in the Fire" below via the song's music video:
Bastille's debut studio album Bad Blood is available on iTunes now.
Share your favorite lyric from "Things We Lost in the Fire" in the comments below.
POLL: Who Should Win at This Weekend's GRAMMYs?
Cast your vote for who deserves to take home awards in the biggest categories....More
- Lyric Reveal: Jodeci's New Album 'The Past, The Present, The Future'
- Obviously Taylor Swift Won 'Best Lyrics' at the iHeartRadio Awards
- Check Out Darius Rucker's Beautiful 'Southern Style' Lyric Posters
- MAX's Handwritten Lyrics Will Leave You Talking 'Gibberish'
- Finally You Can Hear Rihanna's New 'R8' Single In Full
- Get a First Look at Kopecky's New 'Quarterback' Lyric Video (PREMIERE)
- 13 One Direction Songs That Just Won't Be The Same Without Zayn