Bastille Reveal the Real Life Blaze That Inspired 'Things We Lost In The Fire'
Lead singer Dan Smith discusses the song's inspiration in this episode of BETWEEN THE LINES
For this episode of BETWEEN THE LINES, our series featuring songwriters discussing the meaning and inspiration of a song, Dan Smith of the band Bastille explains "Things We Lost in the Fire," the sixth single off the band's debut studio album Bad Blood. Dan discusses the song's inspiration, including the real-life experience that caused him to write it, and why he chose fire to act as a metaphor for a break up. Watch the video above to hear Dan's explanation of "Things We Lost in the Fire."
Listen to "Things We Lost in the Fire" below via the song's music video:
Bastille's debut studio album Bad Blood is available on iTunes now.
Share your favorite lyric from "Things We Lost in the Fire" in the comments below.
POLL: Who Should Win at This Weekend's GRAMMYs?
Cast your vote for who deserves to take home awards in the biggest categories....More
- Check Out This Awesome Lyric Art for My Morning Jacket's New Single
- You're Gonna Really Like Carly Rae Jepsen's New Single!
- Even Taylor Swift Can Get Down With Kanye's "All Day"
- Here's Why 'Uptown Funk' Is the World's Biggest Pop Song Right Now
- Christina Aguilera's Impression of Britney Spears Is Perfect
- This Mash-Up of Jay Z and Ed Sheeran Is Absolutely Everything
- Ed Sheeran Puts His Spin On A...Christina Aguilera Classic?