Watch: Coldplay's Princess of China Video Featuring Rihanna
Coldplay's song "Princess of China" featuring Rihanna is a heartfelt rock ballad about a couple whose relationship came to an end. The video was just released after long anticipation from fans. Rihanna tweeted a picture of herself in costume for the video back in March calling herself a "gangsta goth geisha."
The video is a dramatic parody of a Chinese martial arts movie with Rihanna as both a beautiful, mysterious princess and a fierce samurai warrior. This costume echoes the lyrics when she sings, "I could have been a princess, you'd be a king / Could have had a castle and worn a ring / But no o-o-o-oh you let me go o-o-o-oh-oh." Of course in the song the references to princesses and riches and castles probably refer to the dreams happy couples have for themselves before things (sometimes) turn sour. Here's the video:
What do you think of "Princess Of China"? Tell us your thoughts below!
- Play These 8 Reggae Jams At Your Next Beach Outing
- Shawn Mendes' "Life Of The Party" Lyric Video Isn't A Party At All
- The 5 Most Iconic Pink Floyd Lyrics Of All Time
- Madonna Shares Lyrics to New Song "Messiah" On Instagram
- Get The Track List To Ariana Grande's 'My Everything'
- See Every Lyric On Sia's New Album '1000 Forms of Fear'
- Join Becky G's Pool Party In Her "Shower" Music Video