Watch: Coldplay's Princess of China Video Featuring Rihanna
Coldplay's song "Princess of China" featuring Rihanna is a heartfelt rock ballad about a couple whose relationship came to an end. The video was just released after long anticipation from fans. Rihanna tweeted a picture of herself in costume for the video back in March calling herself a "gangsta goth geisha."
The video is a dramatic parody of a Chinese martial arts movie with Rihanna as both a beautiful, mysterious princess and a fierce samurai warrior. This costume echoes the lyrics when she sings, "I could have been a princess, you'd be a king / Could have had a castle and worn a ring / But no o-o-o-oh you let me go o-o-o-oh-oh." Of course in the song the references to princesses and riches and castles probably refer to the dreams happy couples have for themselves before things (sometimes) turn sour. Here's the video:
What do you think of "Princess Of China"? Tell us your thoughts below!
- The Mowgli's Wrote Out Their New Song For Us And The Doodles Are Amazing
- Check Out Every Lyric Off Rising-Star Kat Dahlia's Debut Album
- Best Singles of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Tracks
- Ring In 2015 With Our All-Night New Years Playlist
- 15 Artists We Bet Will Make Waves In 2015
- Daniel Kim Mixed 66 Songs In His 2014 Pop Danthology Mashup
- Get All The Lyrics To Nicki Minaj's Epic New Album 'The Pinkprint'