Watch: Coldplay's Princess of China Video Featuring Rihanna
Coldplay's song "Princess of China" featuring Rihanna is a heartfelt rock ballad about a couple whose relationship came to an end. The video was just released after long anticipation from fans. Rihanna tweeted a picture of herself in costume for the video back in March calling herself a "gangsta goth geisha."
The video is a dramatic parody of a Chinese martial arts movie with Rihanna as both a beautiful, mysterious princess and a fierce samurai warrior. This costume echoes the lyrics when she sings, "I could have been a princess, you'd be a king / Could have had a castle and worn a ring / But no o-o-o-oh you let me go o-o-o-oh-oh." Of course in the song the references to princesses and riches and castles probably refer to the dreams happy couples have for themselves before things (sometimes) turn sour. Here's the video:
What do you think of "Princess Of China"? Tell us your thoughts below!
- Kesha, Big Sean, Ezra Koenig, Grimes Crash HAIM's "My Song 5" Video
- Here's Taylor Swift's 5 Best Lyric Lines About Shaking Off The Haters
- Look Up Lyrics In A Flash On The New MetroLyrics Mobile Site
- Mikky Ekko's "Smile" Lyrics Aren't As Optimistic As You'd Think
- Bastille's Dan Smith Explains Why He Loves Writing Bleak (Yet Uplifting) Pop Songs
- Watch Dan Wilson Talk About Writing a Little Song Called 'Someone Like You' With Adele
- Iggy Azalea & Rita Ora Slay In 'Kill Bill'-inspired "Black Widow" Video