Watch: Coldplay's Princess of China Video Featuring Rihanna
Coldplay's song "Princess of China" featuring Rihanna is a heartfelt rock ballad about a couple whose relationship came to an end. The video was just released after long anticipation from fans. Rihanna tweeted a picture of herself in costume for the video back in March calling herself a "gangsta goth geisha."
The video is a dramatic parody of a Chinese martial arts movie with Rihanna as both a beautiful, mysterious princess and a fierce samurai warrior. This costume echoes the lyrics when she sings, "I could have been a princess, you'd be a king / Could have had a castle and worn a ring / But no o-o-o-oh you let me go o-o-o-oh-oh." Of course in the song the references to princesses and riches and castles probably refer to the dreams happy couples have for themselves before things (sometimes) turn sour. Here's the video:
What do you think of "Princess Of China"? Tell us your thoughts below!
- Katy Perry's "This Is How We Do" Video Is Making Us Hungry
- It's Here! Listen To Jessie J, Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj's "Bang Bang"
- WATCH Hilary Duff Go Beachin' In Her "Chasing The Sun" Video
- These 9 Country Songs Pretty Much Define Summertime
- Sarah McLachlan Admits She Was "Musically Nowhere" To CBS Sunday Morning
- 7 Songs To Help Set The Romantic Mood At Your Summer Wedding
- Watch Katy Perry's Funky-Fresh "This Is How We Do" Lyric Video