Watch: Dave Barnes On Writing His (Mysterious) Song "Seventeen" + Free MP3
If you ask Dave Barnes what his song "Seventeen" is about, he wouldn't be able to tell you. That's not because the singer-songwriter is particularly secretive, but because he doesn't really know himself. The song's lyrics are dark but simple and tell of a girl he (or a fictional "he") met when he was seventeen who ran away and was found dead in a hotel.
In an interview for Barnes's official Youtube channel, he explains his songwriting process for "Seventeen" as practically non existant: "I wrote that song in about as long as it takes to listen to it" [ed. note: the song is 3 minutes and 43 seconds FYI!] He goes on to say that he's not really sure what the song is about or what it means, but it just flowed naturally onto paper and became the song fans know today. Sometimes the songwriting process is mysterious! Watch the rest of the short interview here:
MP3.com is currently offering Dave Barnes's song "White Flag" as their free download of the day!
- Here's Taylor Swift's 5 Best Lyric Lines About Shaking Off The Haters
- Look Up Lyrics In A Flash On The New MetroLyrics Mobile Site
- Mikky Ekko's "Smile" Lyrics Aren't As Optimistic As You'd Think
- Bastille's Dan Smith Explains Why He Loves Writing Bleak (Yet Uplifting) Pop Songs
- Watch Dan Wilson Talk About Writing a Little Song Called 'Someone Like You' With Adele
- Iggy Azalea & Rita Ora Slay In 'Kill Bill'-inspired "Black Widow" Video
- Metal Fans! Watch a Brand New Lyric Video from He Is Legend