Watch: Demi Lovato - Give Your Heart A Break
As a young star with a huge following, Demi Lovato has been setting an example of openness and honesty since her struggle with depression and her stay at a treatment center. She's sung about her trials, and even made revealing videos telling her fans about what she went through, but her latest video and single has a message of hope and love that is a little less heavy. "Give Your Heart A Break" is about finding that special person and trying to get them to open up to you.
In the lyrics, Demi talks about meeting someone amazing with a damaged heart who is scared to trust somebody again. The guy keeps pulling away but she tries to convince him that she won't break his heart, she'll "give his heart a break" from all the hurt. Get it? Pretty clever, Demi. Check out the lyrics in the chorus, they sum up the song perfectly:
Don't wanna break your heart / I wanna give your heart a break / I know you're scared it's wrong / Like you might make a mistake / There's just one life to live / And there's no time to waste, to waste
The video for "Give Your Heart A Break" just came out today amidst rumours that Demi might have a bit of a crush on Niall Horan of One Direction! She said in an interview "He's so adorable!" Coincidentally (or perhaps not?) Niall told us in our interview with him that he thought Demi was "hot"! Could there by a romance in the works?
What do you think of the song and video? Do you think Demi has a crush on Niall? Weigh in below!
- The Kooks Got All Creative and Wrote Their Lyrics On A Paper Towel
- Pop Newcomer Emily Hearn Filled Out Our Musical Mind Q&A + Gave Us Handwritten Lyrics
- Ella Henderson Explains the True Meaning of Her Smash-Hit Single 'Ghost'
- You'll Go 'Psycho' Over These Fall Out Boy Handwritten Lyrics from Pete Wentz
- Don't Believe Fall Out Boy Covered "Uptown Funk"? Just Watch!
- WATCH Maroon 5 Crash a Bunch of Weddings
- Here's Every Song Nominated for a 2015 Oscar