Watch: Demi Lovato - Give Your Heart A Break
As a young star with a huge following, Demi Lovato has been setting an example of openness and honesty since her struggle with depression and her stay at a treatment center. She's sung about her trials, and even made revealing videos telling her fans about what she went through, but her latest video and single has a message of hope and love that is a little less heavy. "Give Your Heart A Break" is about finding that special person and trying to get them to open up to you.
In the lyrics, Demi talks about meeting someone amazing with a damaged heart who is scared to trust somebody again. The guy keeps pulling away but she tries to convince him that she won't break his heart, she'll "give his heart a break" from all the hurt. Get it? Pretty clever, Demi. Check out the lyrics in the chorus, they sum up the song perfectly:
Don't wanna break your heart / I wanna give your heart a break / I know you're scared it's wrong / Like you might make a mistake / There's just one life to live / And there's no time to waste, to waste
The video for "Give Your Heart A Break" just came out today amidst rumours that Demi might have a bit of a crush on Niall Horan of One Direction! She said in an interview "He's so adorable!" Coincidentally (or perhaps not?) Niall told us in our interview with him that he thought Demi was "hot"! Could there by a romance in the works?
What do you think of the song and video? Do you think Demi has a crush on Niall? Weigh in below!
- QUIZ: How Well Do You Know One Direction Lyrics?
- WIN Handwritten Lyrics from 5 Seconds of Summer!
- WATCH Ariana Grande ft. The Weeknd's "Love Me Harder" Lyric Video
- New Music From Gwen Stefani! Hear "Baby Don't Lie"
- Taylor Swift Told The World What Her "Out Of The Woods" Lyrics Mean
- 15 Songs That MetroLyrics Fans Are Listening To Right Now
- Get The First Spin On Paul Oakenfold & Azealia Banks' New Lyric Video