Watch: Far East Movement On will.i.am, Justin Bieber, and Future Collabs
Far East Movement has been having a great year and it's only getting better with the upcoming release of their new album Dirty Bass. The G6 jet-setters stopped off on their way home from touring in Portugal to talk to 101.5 Jamz about their life in the music fast-lane.
They chatted with their old friend, 101.6 Jamz' Lady La and reminisced about the old days when they used to hang out together (before the crazy fame!). They also filled her in on the low-fi recording method they used on the new album:
"We recorded half of our new album Dirty Bass in hotel bathrooms," Kev Nish said. "It's still the same grind."
When Lady La called them out asking if they recorded their collaboration with Justin Bieber at a Holiday Inn, they admitted that the recording of "Live My Life" was a bit more professional. They worked on the song with Bieber in the studio and when they were done and listened to the whole thing, they all danced to it together. "[Justin] started getting that footwork in and dancing. I was like, 'Oh, this track's gonna go.'" said Nish. "Just seeing that energy, you can feel the life."
You can watch the rest of the interview on 101.5 Jamz to hear about Far East Movement's future plans, and a bit about their touring life!
- Katy Perry's "This Is How We Do" Video Is Making Us Hungry
- It's Here! Listen To Jessie J, Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj's "Bang Bang"
- WATCH Hilary Duff Go Beachin' In Her "Chasing The Sun" Video
- These 9 Country Songs Pretty Much Define Summertime
- Sarah McLachlan Admits She Was "Musically Nowhere" To CBS Sunday Morning
- 7 Songs To Help Set The Romantic Mood At Your Summer Wedding
- Watch Katy Perry's Funky-Fresh "This Is How We Do" Lyric Video