WATCH: Get Schooled On The "History Of Misheard Lyrics" With This Hilarious Video
In the video above, members of cdza, who describe themselves as a group who create "musical video experiments," count down some of the most popular, outrageous, and funny misheard lyrics from 1936 to 2006 with Pink's "Sober." Every song is done by the group members, who obviously have some pretty good musical chops and are able to play and sing a variety of styles.
Some of the notable misheards in the video?
- Jimi Hendrix's infamous "Purple Haze" line that most people think sounds like "excuse me while I kiss this guy"
- "I believe that the hotdogs go on" from Celine Dion's Titanic theme "My Heart Will Go On"
- "Shake it like a polar bear ninja" which we all know by now should be "like a polaroid picture" from Outkast's "Hey Ya"
Watch the video above and see if you can catch any lyrics that you once misheard...
- 15 Dollar-Dropping Songs for Black Friday
- The 5 Most Underrated Christmas Songs
- Why You Hear The Line 'Starbucks Lovers' In Taylor Swift's "Blank Space"
- Ariana Grande's "Santa Tell Me" Lyric Video Is One Cute #TBT
- 10 New Pop Tracks We're Thankful For This Thanksgiving
- The 10 Best Performances At The 2014 American Music Awards
- Is '7/11' The Best Beyonce Music Video Of All Time?