WATCH: Kanye West Discusses G.O.O.D. Music's 'Cruel Summer' And What It Represents
Kanye West interviews are not easy to come by. After swearing off press following his Today Show appearance in 2010, the rapper has had very little to say in front of the camera, choosing instead to let his music speak for itself (with an occasional Twitter rant sprinkled in here and there). So when an opportunity arises to catch Kanye actually talking about his music, you've gotta jump at it.
In the interview below, Kanye describes the creative process behind Cruel Summer, the new compilation album from his G.O.O.D. Music collective. "The whole thing is about empowerment," says Kanye. "It's our offering as a collective of a sonic snapshot of what's happening in 2012, this cruel summer."
Watch below as he talks more about what went into Cruel Summer, including his constant desire to push musical boundaries and why he recruited some of the guest features on the album. Oh, and he even coins a new word, "festivalize."
Have you listened to Cruel Summer yet? Tell us what you think of it in the comments.
- Look Up Lyrics In A Flash On The New MetroLyrics Mobile Site
- Mikky Ekko's "Smile" Lyrics Aren't As Optimistic As You'd Think
- Bastille's Dan Smith Explains Why He Loves Writing Bleak (Yet Uplifting) Pop Songs
- Watch Dan Wilson Talk About Writing a Little Song Called 'Someone Like You' With Adele
- Iggy Azalea & Rita Ora Slay In 'Kill Bill'-inspired "Black Widow" Video
- Metal Fans! Watch a Brand New Lyric Video from He Is Legend
- Can Ariana Grande "Break Free" From An Alien Attack?