WATCH: Kanye West Discusses G.O.O.D. Music's 'Cruel Summer' And What It Represents
Kanye West interviews are not easy to come by. After swearing off press following his Today Show appearance in 2010, the rapper has had very little to say in front of the camera, choosing instead to let his music speak for itself (with an occasional Twitter rant sprinkled in here and there). So when an opportunity arises to catch Kanye actually talking about his music, you've gotta jump at it.
In the interview below, Kanye describes the creative process behind Cruel Summer, the new compilation album from his G.O.O.D. Music collective. "The whole thing is about empowerment," says Kanye. "It's our offering as a collective of a sonic snapshot of what's happening in 2012, this cruel summer."
Watch below as he talks more about what went into Cruel Summer, including his constant desire to push musical boundaries and why he recruited some of the guest features on the album. Oh, and he even coins a new word, "festivalize."
Have you listened to Cruel Summer yet? Tell us what you think of it in the comments.
- In The Valley Below Sent Us A Message In A Bottle With Handwritten Lyrics On It and You Can Win It!
- 5 Love Songs That Are Actually Creepy
- ACM Awards: Everything You Need to Know About the Entertainer of the Year Nominees
- Get To Know Pop-Punk Trio Courage My Love
- Justin Bieber Leads This Epic Celebrity 'I Really Like You' Lip Sync Party
- Watch Jennifer Hudson & James Corden Kill It in 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Get All The Feels by Watching George Ezra on The Late Late Show