WATCH: Kevin Rudolf Breaks Down Songwriting In LINER NOTES
The singer/songwriter is back with a new single and upcoming album: watch our exclusive interview!
Welcome to Liner Notes, MetroLyrics' interview series featuring songwriters discussing their craft.
In this episode, we speak with Kevin Rudolf, who not only pens songs for himself ("Let It Rock" being his most famous), but for others as well. He's helped write major pop hits like Nelly Furtado's "Say It Right", Cobra Starship's "Good Girls Go Bad", and most recently, Keith Urban's pop crossover track "Little Bit Of Everything".
Premiering his newest single "Here's To Us" in the summer of 2013, the singer/songwriter/guitarist extraordinaire is currently getting ready to release his third studio LP by the end of the year through Cash Money Records.
In the interview, Rudolf explains how the theme of his forthcoming release is about celebrating our unique stories while also embracing our shared experiences in life. The sound is different than the music he used to make, which was heavy-hitting and guitar-driven, but Kevin claims his message of celebrating your individuality never changes. He explains that growing up in New York City consistently challenged him to question who he really was, with the overwhelming amount of artists attempting to make it. Thankfully it seems as though Rudolf's found his place in the world and is comfortable as a successful singer-songwriter.
Watch our exclusive Liner Notes interview with Kevin Rudolf below and find out what goes into his songwriting:
Check out our other exclusive Liner Notes clips we've done in the past:
- 7 Songs To Help Set The Romantic Mood At Your Summer Wedding
- Watch Katy Perry's Funky-Fresh "This Is How We Do" Lyric Video
- Check Out These Doodle-Tastic Handwritten Lyrics From The Nearly Deads
- Kimbra's 'Love In High Places' Lyric Video Is a True Work of Art
- Don't Miss David Gray's Upcoming Live On Letterman Performance
- Miley Cyrus Crashes Pharrell's Dance Party In New Video
- Listen to Rixton's New Single 'Wait On Me' + Read Along With Their Handwritten Lyrics