Watch Sting's "Practical Arrangement" Lyric Video (PREMIERE)
It's the first single off Sting's new album — his first original LP in 10 years!
Legendary musician Sting's upcoming album The Last Ship is not only his first LP of new songs in 10 years (the last being 2003's Sacred Love), it's also inspired by a play the English musician wrote, which is set to be released in 2014 and also named "The Last Ship." It makes sense then that the first single from the album, "Practical Arrangement," is so lyrically-driven given that it's intended for the stage. Dealing with lyrics about the complexity that is love, Sting sings to the woman he loves but who doesn't love him back, begging her to give a relationship a try in hopes that love will bloom over time — a 'practical arrangement' of sorts.
We have the exclusive premiere of the lyric video for "Practical Arrangement," which matches the somber, stirring tone of the ballad. Watch it below and follow along with Sting as he sings "Am I asking for the moon? / Is it really so impossible? / That you and I could soon / Come to some kind of arrangement?"
Download "Practical Arrangement" on iTunes now, and pre-order Sting's The Last Ship, due this September 24th.
What do you think of the iconic musician's new song and lyric video?
- Meet Kaleo, Iceland's Newest Folk-Pop Sensation
- Blast These 15 Girl Power Tracks for International Women's Day
- QUIZ: Do You Know All The Words To "Bohemian Rhapsody"?
- Here's A List Of Songs Turning 10 in 2015 to Make You Feel Super-Old
- Check Out This Awesome Lyric Art for My Morning Jacket's New Single
- You're Gonna Really Like Carly Rae Jepsen's New Single!
- Even Taylor Swift Can Get Down With Kanye's "All Day"