Watch Sting's "Practical Arrangement" Lyric Video (PREMIERE)
It's the first single off Sting's new album — his first original LP in 10 years!
Legendary musician Sting's upcoming album The Last Ship is not only his first LP of new songs in 10 years (the last being 2003's Sacred Love), it's also inspired by a play the English musician wrote, which is set to be released in 2014 and also named "The Last Ship." It makes sense then that the first single from the album, "Practical Arrangement," is so lyrically-driven given that it's intended for the stage. Dealing with lyrics about the complexity that is love, Sting sings to the woman he loves but who doesn't love him back, begging her to give a relationship a try in hopes that love will bloom over time — a 'practical arrangement' of sorts.
We have the exclusive premiere of the lyric video for "Practical Arrangement," which matches the somber, stirring tone of the ballad. Watch it below and follow along with Sting as he sings "Am I asking for the moon? / Is it really so impossible? / That you and I could soon / Come to some kind of arrangement?"
Download "Practical Arrangement" on iTunes now, and pre-order Sting's The Last Ship, due this September 24th.
What do you think of the iconic musician's new song and lyric video?
- Listen to Rihanna, Paul McCartney, & Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- The Kooks Got All Creative and Wrote Their Lyrics On A Paper Towel
- Pop Newcomer Emily Hearn Filled Out Our Musical Mind Q&A + Gave Us Handwritten Lyrics
- Ella Henderson Explains the True Meaning of Her Smash-Hit Single 'Ghost'
- You'll Go 'Psycho' Over These Fall Out Boy Handwritten Lyrics from Pete Wentz
- Don't Believe Fall Out Boy Covered "Uptown Funk"? Just Watch!
- WATCH Maroon 5 Crash a Bunch of Weddings