Watch Sting's "Practical Arrangement" Lyric Video (PREMIERE)
It's the first single off Sting's new album — his first original LP in 10 years!
Legendary musician Sting's upcoming album The Last Ship is not only his first LP of new songs in 10 years (the last being 2003's Sacred Love), it's also inspired by a play the English musician wrote, which is set to be released in 2014 and also named "The Last Ship." It makes sense then that the first single from the album, "Practical Arrangement," is so lyrically-driven given that it's intended for the stage. Dealing with lyrics about the complexity that is love, Sting sings to the woman he loves but who doesn't love him back, begging her to give a relationship a try in hopes that love will bloom over time — a 'practical arrangement' of sorts.
We have the exclusive premiere of the lyric video for "Practical Arrangement," which matches the somber, stirring tone of the ballad. Watch it below and follow along with Sting as he sings "Am I asking for the moon? / Is it really so impossible? / That you and I could soon / Come to some kind of arrangement?"
Download "Practical Arrangement" on iTunes now, and pre-order Sting's The Last Ship, due this September 24th.
What do you think of the iconic musician's new song and lyric video?
- Get The First Spin On Paul Oakenfold & Azealia Banks' New Lyric Video
- Here's One Direction's 'Four' Track List From The Band Themselves
- Watch Foo Fighters Perform 'Miracle' & 'Polk Salad Annie' on Letterman
- Cage the Elephant Gave Us Some Amazing Lyric Art for New Single 'Cigarette Daydreams'
- Watch Foo Fighters & Heart Play 'Kick It Out' on Letterman
- Tove Lo Breaks Down Every Song Off Her 'Truth Serum' EP
- 5 Times Taylor Swift's "Out Of The Woods" References Harry Styles