Watch This! Chris Rene's Buzzworthy X-Factor Audition
The US version of The X-Factor premiered last Wednesday night, and everybody is abuzz about 28-year-old fresh-out-of-rehab Chris Rene's performance of his original song "Young Homie". With a mix of hip-hop and R&B, almost reminiscent of the style of Sublime's "What I Got", Rene's lyrics reference staying clean & sober for two months now:
Yeah, it's been 3 years now
Haven't had a drink and I'm starting to see clear now
I'm putting all my fears down
I can hear the cheers now
Seeing peace signs when I look around
While the chorus has Rene singing to all young people with potential drug/alcohol issues or addictions:
Hey, young homie what you trippin' on
Looking at life, like how did I get it wrong
Life's too short gotta live it long
To my brothers and sisters, when will we get along
Judge and ex-Pussycat Doll Nicole Scherzinger states that "the X-Factor" is something you can't describe, but Chris has got it. Paula Abdul reacts as sweet and loving as ever, just like in her American Idol days, while record mogul L.A. Reid boasts his connections with Jay-Z & Kanye and how they'd be proud of Rene's journey and effervescent talent.
Of course, everybody held their breath when it was Simon Cowell's turn to weigh in, but he simply said:
"My favorite feeling in the world is when I sit in this chair and I meet a star for the first time".
Whoa! A compliment like that from ice-cold Simon is a legit dream come true.
If you want to see the full lyrics to Chris Rene's "Young Homie", check out the original tune on Youtube here. Keep watching The X-Factor to see how far Chris and his unique talent go on the show!
- Watch Darlene Love's Final Christmas Performance on David Letterman TONIGHT
- This Hilarious Misheard Lyrics Video Will Force You to Rethink Your List of "Starbucks Lovers"
- Best Albums of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Picks
- Who Else Has Been Naughty & Nice This Christmas? WATCH Pt. II
- Get To Know The 'WILD' Soundtrack With These Exclusive Lyric Cards
- Best Singles of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Tracks
- Ring In 2015 With Our All-Night New Years Playlist