Watch This! George Harrison: Living In A Material World Trailer
You can tell a lot about someone by asking who their favourite Beatle is. Paul means you're a play-it-safer. If John's your favourite, then you're the artsy/political/philosophical type. Choose Ringo, and you're kind of off the beaten path and quirky. Pick George and you're golden.
George Harrison (aka the "quiet Beatle") was the group's lead guitarist and official Man of Mystery. And although most of the Beatles's songs were written by Lennon and McCartney, Harrison is responsible for some of our favs like "Taxman", "While My Guitar Gently Weeps", and of course "Here Comes The Sun". He was calm, collected and just had this innate coolness about him. He wasn't a try-hard and never seemed to care about being the center of attention, he was happy just to be.
His elusiveness only heightened his cool factor but also made outsiders extremely curious in a "what's this guy all about?" kind of way. Enter "George Harrison: Living In A Material World" an HBO documentary directed by Martin Scorsese that's pretty much all George all the time. The doc's set to be released October 10 on DVD, Blu-ray, and as a Deluxe Edition which holds 2 DVDs, a Blu-ray, a 96 page book and a CD of never-before-released tracks.
I dunno about you guys, but I'm pre-ordering the Deluxe Edition in bulk. Maybe if I watch it enough some of George's coolness will rub off on me...
- Meet Kaleo, Iceland's Newest Folk-Pop Sensation
- Check Out This Awesome Lyric Art for My Morning Jacket's New Single
- Here's A List Of Songs Turning 10 in 2015 to Make You Feel Super-Old
- You're Gonna Really Like Carly Rae Jepsen's New Single!
- Even Taylor Swift Can Get Down With Kanye's "All Day"
- Here's Why 'Uptown Funk' Is the World's Biggest Pop Song Right Now
- Christina Aguilera's Impression of Britney Spears Is Perfect