Watch This!: Miranda Lambert Talks About Songwriting and Her Pink Guitar
"My Dad taught me three chords: G, C, and D. That's really all you need if you're a country artist anyway" jokes Miranda Lambert in this video for Guitar Center TV. Of course this superstar has come a long way from those three chords; she holds a total of 17 awards from organizations like the Academy of Country Music, CMT, and the Country Music Association.
In the video, Miranda shows off her sleek pink custom Gibson guitar but what we were even more interested in was her advice about songwriting:
"My advice for anyone who wants to become a singer-songwriter and get their music heard is just to make sure you know who you are from day one. If you know who you are and have something to say in your music, there's someone out there who wants to hear it and that feels the same way you do."
Awesome advice from a super successful country star (who writes her own songs!). Look for Miranda's album Four The Record out November 1. You can also hear Baggage Claim, the first single off the album in the background of this video!
- Terry Crews Absolutely Killed It On Lip Sync Battle
- QUIZ: Which Taylor Swift Song Are You?
- 5 Pop Albums with Lyrics Written Entirely by One Person
- 15 Eco-Friendly Anthems for Earth Day
- 5 Love Songs That Are Actually Creepy
- In The Valley Below Sent Us A Message In A Bottle With Handwritten Lyrics On It and You Can Win It!
- Get To Know Pop-Punk Trio Courage My Love