Watch This!: Miranda Lambert Talks About Songwriting and Her Pink Guitar
"My Dad taught me three chords: G, C, and D. That's really all you need if you're a country artist anyway" jokes Miranda Lambert in this video for Guitar Center TV. Of course this superstar has come a long way from those three chords; she holds a total of 17 awards from organizations like the Academy of Country Music, CMT, and the Country Music Association.
In the video, Miranda shows off her sleek pink custom Gibson guitar but what we were even more interested in was her advice about songwriting:
"My advice for anyone who wants to become a singer-songwriter and get their music heard is just to make sure you know who you are from day one. If you know who you are and have something to say in your music, there's someone out there who wants to hear it and that feels the same way you do."
Awesome advice from a super successful country star (who writes her own songs!). Look for Miranda's album Four The Record out November 1. You can also hear Baggage Claim, the first single off the album in the background of this video!
- PREMIERE: Rixton Unveil New "Hotel Ceiling" Lyric Video
- Rumor Has It: Will Rihanna Perform 'FourFiveSeconds' At The 2015 GRAMMYs?
- Taylor Swift Has Trademarked 'This Sick Beat' and a Bunch of Other 1989 Lyrics
- Justin Bieber Teases New Song: Is It About Selena Gomez?
- It Takes Two! These Duos Will Blow You Away At The GRAMMYs
- Does Sam Smith's "Stay With Me" Sound Familiar? Here's Why
- The Kooks Got All Creative and Wrote Their Lyrics On A Paper Towel