Watch This!: Okkervil River's New Music Video For 'Your Past Like As A Blast'
Will Sheff, lead singer for Austin, Texas indie rock band Okkervil River explains the thought behind the lyrics of their new single Your Past Life As A Blast and why he chose to feature personal footage from his childhood:
The lyrics to "Your Past Life as a Blast" deal with a lot of different things and in a kind of disarranged way, but it felt to me like it was the sweetest moment on the record, a moment of nostalgia and tenderness and sunnyness. When I was writing the lyrics, certain images flashed in my head, and some of those images were specifically from my childhood, or of the way I remember earliest childhood feeling to me.
Like many kids of the late '70s and early '80s, my dad was often hovering around with a Super 8 camera, filming my mom and me and -- as time passed -- my younger brother and sister. I remember him projecting these movies on a bare wall and, eventually, the movies becoming as much a part of my memory as the original events he had filmed. I thought it would be cool to use actual footage of those memories in the video itself, to make a really personal kind of rock video.
- Here's Our Fave Five Lyrics About Body Acceptance
- Counting Crows To Perform New Song 'Scarecrow' on CBS This Morning
- AUDIO: Nick Jonas Admits He Gets "Jealous"
- Alicia Keys Debuts New Single "We Are Here"
- Get The Lyrics to Flyleaf's 'Between The Stars' Before It Drops
- Banks Hand Wrote Out The Lyrics To "Beggin For Thread" Just For Us
- Here Are a Bunch of Crazy Facts About Sia's 'Chandelier'