Weird Collabs: Gwyneth Paltrow & Huey Lewis - Cruisin'
I've never seen the 2000 movie Duets, where this strange collabo originated from, but I can tell you right now that I would probably be shifting around awkweirdedly in my seat if I watched it because of this music video. Huey Lewis plays a "karaoke hustler" that travels from town to town, according to the film's Wiki page, and reconnects with his long-lost daughter Liv, played by Gwyneth Paltrow.
The duo's questionable version of "Crusin'" is a cover, released in 1979 by Motown staple Smokey Robinson. Reading the song's lyrics, it's definitely a love ballad, so that's what makes this such a weird collabo — father and daughter singing it to each other? Creepalicious. Plus, I just have this weird biased opinion about Gwyneth Paltrow bein' all "musically inclined". It just weirds me out! I don't see any musical talent flowing out of her whatsoever.
(Sorry if this is your favorite movie!)
- Does Sam Smith's "Stay With Me" Sound Familiar? Here's Why
- Listen to Rihanna, Paul McCartney, & Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Is This The Most Random GRAMMYs Performance Lineup Ever?
- The Kooks Got All Creative and Wrote Their Lyrics On A Paper Towel
- Pop Newcomer Emily Hearn Filled Out Our Musical Mind Q&A + Gave Us Handwritten Lyrics
- Ella Henderson Explains the True Meaning of Her Smash-Hit Single 'Ghost'
- You'll Go 'Psycho' Over These Fall Out Boy Handwritten Lyrics from Pete Wentz