Weird Collabs: Gwyneth Paltrow & Huey Lewis - Cruisin'
I've never seen the 2000 movie Duets, where this strange collabo originated from, but I can tell you right now that I would probably be shifting around awkweirdedly in my seat if I watched it because of this music video. Huey Lewis plays a "karaoke hustler" that travels from town to town, according to the film's Wiki page, and reconnects with his long-lost daughter Liv, played by Gwyneth Paltrow.
The duo's questionable version of "Crusin'" is a cover, released in 1979 by Motown staple Smokey Robinson. Reading the song's lyrics, it's definitely a love ballad, so that's what makes this such a weird collabo — father and daughter singing it to each other? Creepalicious. Plus, I just have this weird biased opinion about Gwyneth Paltrow bein' all "musically inclined". It just weirds me out! I don't see any musical talent flowing out of her whatsoever.
(Sorry if this is your favorite movie!)
- Kick Back With These 6 Songs For A Lazy Summer Afternoon
- Jamie Scott Explains 'My Hurricane', Drops New Lyric Video
- Kristeen Young To Perform On Late Late Show With Nirvana's Dave Grohl & Pat Smear
- Weird Al Gives Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines" A Grammatical Parody
- Take A Virtual Safari With Mother Mother In New 'Get Out The Way' Lyric Video
- Watch Sultry Soul Singer Jenn Em's New 'Jailkeeper' Lyric Video
- Watch Weird Al Yankovic's Hilarious Parody of Pharrell's 'Happy'