Weird Collabs: Gwyneth Paltrow & Huey Lewis - Cruisin'
I've never seen the 2000 movie Duets, where this strange collabo originated from, but I can tell you right now that I would probably be shifting around awkweirdedly in my seat if I watched it because of this music video. Huey Lewis plays a "karaoke hustler" that travels from town to town, according to the film's Wiki page, and reconnects with his long-lost daughter Liv, played by Gwyneth Paltrow.
The duo's questionable version of "Crusin'" is a cover, released in 1979 by Motown staple Smokey Robinson. Reading the song's lyrics, it's definitely a love ballad, so that's what makes this such a weird collabo — father and daughter singing it to each other? Creepalicious. Plus, I just have this weird biased opinion about Gwyneth Paltrow bein' all "musically inclined". It just weirds me out! I don't see any musical talent flowing out of her whatsoever.
(Sorry if this is your favorite movie!)
- Ne-Yo Explains How He and Calvin Harris Created EDM Magic on 'Let's Go'
- 13 One Direction Songs That Just Won't Be The Same Without Zayn
- SAT Prep Book Publishes A Major Taylor Swift Lyric Flub
- Watch This Guy Prank Call C-SPAN Using Lyrics to The Fresh Prince Theme
- QUIZ: Can We Guess Which Song You Can't Stand Right Now?
- The Ultimate St. Patrick's Day Playlist
- Watch Sharon Van Etten Move This TV News Guy to Tears