I've never seen the 2000 movie Duets, where this strange collabo originated from, but I can tell you right now that I would probably be shifting around awkweirdedly in my seat if I watched it because of this music video. Huey Lewis plays a "karaoke hustler" that travels from town to town, according to the film's Wiki page, and reconnects with his long-lost daughter Liv, played by Gwyneth Paltrow.
The duo's questionable version of "Crusin'" is a cover, released in 1979 by Motown staple Smokey Robinson. Reading the song's lyrics, it's definitely a love ballad, so that's what makes this such a weird collabo — father and daughter singing it to each other? Creepalicious. Plus, I just have this weird biased opinion about Gwyneth Paltrow bein' all "musically inclined". It just weirds me out! I don't see any musical talent flowing out of her whatsoever.
(Sorry if this is your favorite movie!)
- AUDIO: Hear The Black Keys' Slow-Burning "Turn Blue"
- Linus Young Is A Band You Need To Get Familiar With
- Lana Del Rey Tops List of Songs You Need To Hear This Week
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Disney's 'Frozen' Soundtrack
- Ed Sheeran Tops The The Fault In Our Stars' Soundtrack
- AUDIO: OneRepublic's "Love Runs Out" Is A Hit In The Making
- Imagine Dragons Lead the 2014 Billboard Music Awards Finalists