Weird Collabs: Gwyneth Paltrow & Huey Lewis - Cruisin'
I've never seen the 2000 movie Duets, where this strange collabo originated from, but I can tell you right now that I would probably be shifting around awkweirdedly in my seat if I watched it because of this music video. Huey Lewis plays a "karaoke hustler" that travels from town to town, according to the film's Wiki page, and reconnects with his long-lost daughter Liv, played by Gwyneth Paltrow.
The duo's questionable version of "Crusin'" is a cover, released in 1979 by Motown staple Smokey Robinson. Reading the song's lyrics, it's definitely a love ballad, so that's what makes this such a weird collabo — father and daughter singing it to each other? Creepalicious. Plus, I just have this weird biased opinion about Gwyneth Paltrow bein' all "musically inclined". It just weirds me out! I don't see any musical talent flowing out of her whatsoever.
(Sorry if this is your favorite movie!)
- Is '7/11' The Best Beyonce Music Video Of All Time?
- Metallica Wrap Late Late Show Run With 'Sad But True' — Relive Every Performance
- WALK THE MOON Preview New Album With Awesome Hand-Drawn Lyric Art (EXCLUSIVE)
- WATCH 5 Seconds Of Summer's "What I Like About You" Lyric Video
- Metallica's Late Late Show Run Continues With "Enter Sandman"
- Go On A Date With Every One Direction Member in "Night Changes"
- 5 More Songs That Were Written For Other Artists