Weird Collabs: Gwyneth Paltrow & Huey Lewis - Cruisin'
I've never seen the 2000 movie Duets, where this strange collabo originated from, but I can tell you right now that I would probably be shifting around awkweirdedly in my seat if I watched it because of this music video. Huey Lewis plays a "karaoke hustler" that travels from town to town, according to the film's Wiki page, and reconnects with his long-lost daughter Liv, played by Gwyneth Paltrow.
The duo's questionable version of "Crusin'" is a cover, released in 1979 by Motown staple Smokey Robinson. Reading the song's lyrics, it's definitely a love ballad, so that's what makes this such a weird collabo — father and daughter singing it to each other? Creepalicious. Plus, I just have this weird biased opinion about Gwyneth Paltrow bein' all "musically inclined". It just weirds me out! I don't see any musical talent flowing out of her whatsoever.
(Sorry if this is your favorite movie!)
- 7 Songs To Help Set The Romantic Mood At Your Summer Wedding
- Watch Katy Perry's Funky-Fresh "This Is How We Do" Lyric Video
- Check Out These Doodle-Tastic Handwritten Lyrics From The Nearly Deads
- Kimbra's 'Love In High Places' Lyric Video Is a True Work of Art
- Don't Miss David Gray's Upcoming Live On Letterman Performance
- Miley Cyrus Crashes Pharrell's Dance Party In New Video
- Listen to Rixton's New Single 'Wait On Me' + Read Along With Their Handwritten Lyrics