Weird Collabs: Paul McCartney & Michael Jackson - Say Say Say
If you grew up the eighties, you'll probably remember the extremely weird coupling of ex-Beatle Paul McCartney and freshly solo star of the time Michael Jackson. The pair became BFFs after collaborating on MJ's Thriller track "The Girl Is Mine", and then released their duet for "Say Say Say" off McCartney's album Pipes Of Peace in 1983.
So, what's weird about this collabo? Uh, I dunno, maybe the fact that Michael was the hippest dude in the world when this video came out, and Paul was just kinda...like his awkward dad-like sidekick? I can't really put my finger on it.
Shoutout to Paul's wife Linda starring alongside the duo in the video — RIP, angel!
Any other ideas as to why this collabo is so...weird?
- New Music From Gwen Stefani! Hear "Baby Don't Lie"
- Taylor Swift Told The World What Her "Out Of The Woods" Lyrics Mean
- 15 Songs That MetroLyrics Fans Are Listening To Right Now
- WATCH: Foo Fighters Perform Brand New Single 'Something From Nothing' On Letterman
- Foo Fighters Play Cheap Trick Classic 'Stiff Competition' with Rick Nielsen: WATCH
- Get The First Spin On Paul Oakenfold & Azealia Banks' New Lyric Video
- Here's One Direction's 'Four' Track List From The Band Themselves