Weird Collabs: Paul McCartney & Michael Jackson - Say Say Say
If you grew up the eighties, you'll probably remember the extremely weird coupling of ex-Beatle Paul McCartney and freshly solo star of the time Michael Jackson. The pair became BFFs after collaborating on MJ's Thriller track "The Girl Is Mine", and then released their duet for "Say Say Say" off McCartney's album Pipes Of Peace in 1983.
So, what's weird about this collabo? Uh, I dunno, maybe the fact that Michael was the hippest dude in the world when this video came out, and Paul was just kinda...like his awkward dad-like sidekick? I can't really put my finger on it.
Shoutout to Paul's wife Linda starring alongside the duo in the video — RIP, angel!
Any other ideas as to why this collabo is so...weird?
- Does Sam Smith's "Stay With Me" Sound Familiar? Here's Why
- Listen to Rihanna, Paul McCartney, & Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Is This The Most Random GRAMMYs Performance Lineup Ever?
- The Kooks Got All Creative and Wrote Their Lyrics On A Paper Towel
- Pop Newcomer Emily Hearn Filled Out Our Musical Mind Q&A + Gave Us Handwritten Lyrics
- Ella Henderson Explains the True Meaning of Her Smash-Hit Single 'Ghost'
- You'll Go 'Psycho' Over These Fall Out Boy Handwritten Lyrics from Pete Wentz