Weird Collabs: Paul McCartney & Michael Jackson - Say Say Say
If you grew up the eighties, you'll probably remember the extremely weird coupling of ex-Beatle Paul McCartney and freshly solo star of the time Michael Jackson. The pair became BFFs after collaborating on MJ's Thriller track "The Girl Is Mine", and then released their duet for "Say Say Say" off McCartney's album Pipes Of Peace in 1983.
So, what's weird about this collabo? Uh, I dunno, maybe the fact that Michael was the hippest dude in the world when this video came out, and Paul was just kinda...like his awkward dad-like sidekick? I can't really put my finger on it.
Shoutout to Paul's wife Linda starring alongside the duo in the video — RIP, angel!
Any other ideas as to why this collabo is so...weird?
- AUDIO: Charli XCX Rocks Out in New Song "Break The Rules"
- Kesha, Big Sean, Ezra Koenig, Grimes Crash HAIM's "My Song 5" Video
- Here's Taylor Swift's 5 Best Lyric Lines About Shaking Off The Haters
- Look Up Lyrics In A Flash On The New MetroLyrics Mobile Site
- Mikky Ekko's "Smile" Lyrics Aren't As Optimistic As You'd Think
- Bastille's Dan Smith Explains Why He Loves Writing Bleak (Yet Uplifting) Pop Songs
- Watch Dan Wilson Talk About Writing a Little Song Called 'Someone Like You' With Adele