Weird Collabs: Rappers 50 Cent and Eminem Join Forces With Adam Levine For "My Life" (VIDEO)
The days of rappers and pop-stars being in separate music genre categories are long gone, and this 50 Cent song featuring Eminem and Adam Levine is the perfect reminder of that. The song, entitled "My Life," is the first single from 50's just-released album Street King Immortal.
It's a much more insightful song than we've ever heard from 50 Cent, with he and Eminem rapping back and forth about the way fame has affected them, the highs and lows of their careers, and even rehashing some beef 50 Cent has with hip-hop artists The Game and Young Buck. The video is the perfect compliment to the song's chorus, sung by Adam Levine, about running away. In it, the rappers and Levine are on the run from black helicopters that keep shining blinding light on them. The chorus goes:
"My life, my life / Makes me wanna run away / There's no place to go / No place to go"
In an interview with MTV News, Eminem explained that the video is "kind of a metaphor for us running for our lives. Personal lives and from fame, everything that goes with the game."
What do you think of "My Life"? Do you think the video goes well with the song? Tell us your thoughts below...
- Here Are a Bunch of Crazy Facts About Sia's 'Chandelier'
- The 12 Most Memorable Moments From Fashion Rocks Live 2014
- WATCH: Wrabel Performs "Ten Feet Tall" In One Take & It's Amazing
- Mary Lambert Has Nothing to Hide in Her Handwritten "Secrets" Lyrics
- AUDIO: Fall Out Boy Wants You To Remember Them For "Centuries"
- WATCH Brett Eldredge Dedicate "Mean To Me" To Big Brother's Jeff & Jordan
- Take A Trip To The Roller Disco In Stars' New Lyric Video