Weird Collabs: Soulja Boy, Matt & Kim, Andrew W.K. - I'm A Goner
Have y'all heard of Converse's "Three Artists, One Song" campaign? Last year, the super-hip shoe brand rounded up Kid Cudi, Rostam Batmanglij from Vampire Weekend and Best Coast for a song called "All Summer" (which you can check out here). Fitting crop of coolsters to collaborate together, am I right?
Then there's this year's motley crew of artists: flashy hip-hopper Soulja Boy (or is it Man now that he's 21?), quirky duo Matt & Kim, and party-rocker Andrew W.K. — who all leant their unique talents to "I'm A Goner".
Here's the thing — the collabo of these random artists may read off as pretty odd, but take a listen to the song...it's actually rad! Produced by Matt Johnson of Matt & Kim, it essentially sounds like a tune of theirs, with a little hip-hop/rock n' roll flavour added by Soulja & A.W.K. Not such a weird collabo anymore!
What do you guys think of the tune?
- INTERVIEW: Elvis Perkins Shares Stories From On The Road
- PREMIERE: Rixton Unveil New "Hotel Ceiling" Lyric Video
- North West Stars In Kanye's "Only One" Video
- Share Your Thoughts On Kelly Clarkson's 'Piece by Piece' Lyrics
- Rumor Has It: Will Rihanna Perform 'FourFiveSeconds' At The 2015 GRAMMYs?
- Taylor Swift Has Trademarked 'This Sick Beat' and a Bunch of Other 1989 Lyrics
- Justin Bieber Teases New Song: Is It About Selena Gomez?