Weird Collabs: Soulja Boy, Matt & Kim, Andrew W.K. - I'm A Goner
Have y'all heard of Converse's "Three Artists, One Song" campaign? Last year, the super-hip shoe brand rounded up Kid Cudi, Rostam Batmanglij from Vampire Weekend and Best Coast for a song called "All Summer" (which you can check out here). Fitting crop of coolsters to collaborate together, am I right?
Then there's this year's motley crew of artists: flashy hip-hopper Soulja Boy (or is it Man now that he's 21?), quirky duo Matt & Kim, and party-rocker Andrew W.K. — who all leant their unique talents to "I'm A Goner".
Here's the thing — the collabo of these random artists may read off as pretty odd, but take a listen to the song...it's actually rad! Produced by Matt Johnson of Matt & Kim, it essentially sounds like a tune of theirs, with a little hip-hop/rock n' roll flavour added by Soulja & A.W.K. Not such a weird collabo anymore!
What do you guys think of the tune?
- Preview Darius Rucker's New Album With These Beautiful Lyric Posters
- MAX's Handwritten Lyrics Will Leave You Talking 'Gibberish'
- Finally You Can Hear Rihanna's New 'R8' Single In Full
- Get a First Look at Kopecky's New 'Quarterback' Lyric Video (PREMIERE)
- 13 One Direction Songs That Just Won't Be The Same Without Zayn
- SAT Prep Book Publishes A Major Taylor Swift Lyric Flub
- Ne-Yo Explains How He and Calvin Harris Created EDM Magic on 'Let's Go'