Weird Collabs: Soulja Boy, Matt & Kim, Andrew W.K. - I'm A Goner
Have y'all heard of Converse's "Three Artists, One Song" campaign? Last year, the super-hip shoe brand rounded up Kid Cudi, Rostam Batmanglij from Vampire Weekend and Best Coast for a song called "All Summer" (which you can check out here). Fitting crop of coolsters to collaborate together, am I right?
Then there's this year's motley crew of artists: flashy hip-hopper Soulja Boy (or is it Man now that he's 21?), quirky duo Matt & Kim, and party-rocker Andrew W.K. — who all leant their unique talents to "I'm A Goner".
Here's the thing — the collabo of these random artists may read off as pretty odd, but take a listen to the song...it's actually rad! Produced by Matt Johnson of Matt & Kim, it essentially sounds like a tune of theirs, with a little hip-hop/rock n' roll flavour added by Soulja & A.W.K. Not such a weird collabo anymore!
What do you guys think of the tune?
- Meet Kaleo, Iceland's Newest Folk-Pop Sensation
- Check Out This Awesome Lyric Art for My Morning Jacket's New Single
- Here's A List Of Songs Turning 10 in 2015 to Make You Feel Super-Old
- You're Gonna Really Like Carly Rae Jepsen's New Single!
- Even Taylor Swift Can Get Down With Kanye's "All Day"
- Here's Why 'Uptown Funk' Is the World's Biggest Pop Song Right Now
- Christina Aguilera's Impression of Britney Spears Is Perfect