What Is Miranda Lambert's Secret to Songwriting?
One word: honesty.
She's a little bit tough, and a little bit sweet, and it's just the way we like her. Miranda Lambert is gearing up to release her fifth studio album, Platinum, on June 3rd, and shared her songwriting secrets with CBS Sunday Morning's Lee Cowan. So what are her secrets, exactly? According to the country singer, it's all about writing from a place of honesty. "That's my trick. That's all I got," explains the singer/songwriter, as well as adding that a good song "makes people feel something," which we're totally on board with. What's the point of listening to a song if it doesn't make you react?
The ACMs Turn 50! What Do Luke Bryan & Blake Shelton Have Planned?
The 50th annual Academy of Country Music Awards go down April 19th — can't wait to see what antics Bluke get up to!...More
Airing this upcoming Sunday, the exclusive interview not only has Lambert sharing how she writes songs, she also talks about how her and husband Blake Shelton met, as well as what's next down her exciting career path. We can't wait to watch!
Listen to Miranda's latest single, "Somethin' Bad", featuring fellow country gal Carrie Underwood:
Be sure to tune into CBS Sunday Morning this Sunday, June 1st, at 9am EST for the full interview with Miranda Lambert.
What's your favorite lyric from the country queen? Share it with us in the comments.
- Even Taylor Swift Can Get Down With Kanye's "All Day"
- Here's Why 'Uptown Funk' Is World's Biggest Pop Song Right Now
- Christina Aguilera's Impression of Britney Spears Is Perfect
- This Mash-Up of Jay Z and Ed Sheeran Is Absolutely Everything
- Ed Sheeran Puts His Spin On A...Christina Aguilera Classic?
- The Oh Hellos Letter-Graded Their 'Hello My Old Heart' Handwritten Lyrics For Us
- Our Favorite Musical Moments from the 2015 Oscars