What Is Miranda Lambert's Secret to Songwriting?
One word: honesty.
She's a little bit tough, and a little bit sweet, and it's just the way we like her. Miranda Lambert is gearing up to release her fifth studio album, Platinum, on June 3rd, and shared her songwriting secrets with CBS Sunday Morning's Lee Cowan. So what are her secrets, exactly? According to the country singer, it's all about writing from a place of honesty. "That's my trick. That's all I got," explains the singer/songwriter, as well as adding that a good song "makes people feel something," which we're totally on board with. What's the point of listening to a song if it doesn't make you react?
Airing this upcoming Sunday, the exclusive interview not only has Lambert sharing how she writes songs, she also talks about how her and husband Blake Shelton met, as well as what's next down her exciting career path. We can't wait to watch!
Listen to Miranda's latest single, "Somethin' Bad", featuring fellow country gal Carrie Underwood:
Be sure to tune into CBS Sunday Morning this Sunday, June 1st, at 9am EST for the full interview with Miranda Lambert.
What's your favorite lyric from the country queen? Share it with us in the comments.
- WIN Handwritten Lyrics from 5 Seconds of Summer!
- WATCH Ariana Grande ft. The Weeknd's "Love Me Harder" Lyric Video
- New Music From Gwen Stefani! Hear "Baby Don't Lie"
- Taylor Swift Told The World What Her "Out Of The Woods" Lyrics Mean
- 15 Songs That MetroLyrics Fans Are Listening To Right Now
- Get The First Spin On Paul Oakenfold & Azealia Banks' New Lyric Video
- Here's One Direction's 'Four' Track List From The Band Themselves