What Is Miranda Lambert's Secret to Songwriting?
One word: honesty.
She's a little bit tough, and a little bit sweet, and it's just the way we like her. Miranda Lambert is gearing up to release her fifth studio album, Platinum, on June 3rd, and shared her songwriting secrets with CBS Sunday Morning's Lee Cowan. So what are her secrets, exactly? According to the country singer, it's all about writing from a place of honesty. "That's my trick. That's all I got," explains the singer/songwriter, as well as adding that a good song "makes people feel something," which we're totally on board with. What's the point of listening to a song if it doesn't make you react?
Airing this upcoming Sunday, the exclusive interview not only has Lambert sharing how she writes songs, she also talks about how her and husband Blake Shelton met, as well as what's next down her exciting career path. We can't wait to watch!
Listen to Miranda's latest single, "Somethin' Bad", featuring fellow country gal Carrie Underwood:
Be sure to tune into CBS Sunday Morning this Sunday, June 1st, at 9am EST for the full interview with Miranda Lambert.
What's your favorite lyric from the country queen? Share it with us in the comments.
- 15 Songs For Your Labor Day Long Weekend
- SOJA's "Your Song" Reminds Us That Summer Isn't Over Yet
- WATCH Jessie + Ariana + Nicki Host The Best Rooftop Party Ever
- Ariana Grande's 'My Everything' is Here and the Lyrics are Everything
- WATCH Cobra Starship ft. Icona Pop's (Surprisingly) Romantic Lyric Video
- Darius Rucker's 'Homegrown Honey' Lyrics Are About Finding a Down-Home Soul in The Big City
- 12 Pump-Up Songs to Help Get You Ready for Back-to-School