Willie Nelson Satisfies Country Music Needs With Remember Me, Vol 1
Willie Nelson is one of the last few country music original gangsters still active in the game. The red-headed music legend released his latest album, Remember Me, Vol 1, yesterday to much critical acclaim. A compilation album that covers 14 of the biggest Billboard hits between the years of 1946-1989, Remember Me, Vol 1 will surely not let us forget the pioneers of the country genre.
True to form, Remember Me satisfies all the thematic needs of a country album: loneliness, heartbreak, and plain old goofin' around. Johnny Cash's "Sunday Morning Coming Down" chronicles Cash's feelings of solitude as he strolls through town on a Sunday:
And there ain't nothin' short of dyin' / Half as lonesome as the sound / Of a sleepin' city sidewalk / Sunday mornin' comin' down
And what's a country album without a song about a cheating significant other? George Jones' "Why Baby Why" does the trick:
Well, I caught you honky tonkin' with my best friend / The thing to do was leave you, but I should'a left then / Now I'm too old to leave you, but I still get sore / When you come home a feelin' for the knob on the door
And just as you're feeling all heart-achey and somber, that's when the fun starts! Nelson covers Bob Wills & His Texas Playboys' "Roly Poly", a song about a little boy who eats every minute of the day:
Roly Poly eatin' corn and taters / Hungry every minute of the day / Roly Poly knowin' all the biscuits / Long as he can chew it, it's okay
Since Willie is a revered vet to the country music genre, we couldn't think of anyone better to record such an album. I mean, he probably knew all these musicians in real life anyway...
- Katy Perry's "This Is How We Do" Video Is Making Us Hungry
- It's Here! Listen To Jessie J, Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj's "Bang Bang"
- WATCH Hilary Duff Go Beachin' In Her "Chasing The Sun" Video
- These 9 Country Songs Pretty Much Define Summertime
- Sarah McLachlan Admits She Was "Musically Nowhere" To CBS Sunday Morning
- 7 Songs To Help Set The Romantic Mood At Your Summer Wedding
- Watch Katy Perry's Funky-Fresh "This Is How We Do" Lyric Video