Bastille's Dan Smith Wrote His 'Pompeii' Lyrics Out For Us
They're not just any set of handwritten lyrics: they're on a poster!
Bastille started out when founding member Dan Smith created a solo project under said name in his hometown of London, England. After wrangling up three more members — Chris Wood, William Farquarson, and Kyle Simmons — Smith turned Bastille into a full-fledged alt-rock four-piece and has taken the music world by storm. The band saw massive success with their hit single "Pompeii," named after the French holiday Bastille Day (which happens to be Smith's birthday) which made it's way onto the Hot 100 earlier this year. Now, new single "Bad Blood" is making moves up the charts.
Dan took the time to write out the lyrics to the band's biggest hit to date, "Pompeii," on this Bad Blood-themed movie poster, exclusively for us, and one lucky Bastille fan has the chance to win them. Want to check out what YOU could have arriving at your doorstep from the band? See 'em below:
Bastille recorded a live performance session of "Bad Blood" for our sister site Last.fm (on a boat!). Watch the band rock it out below, and head on over to Last.fm for more.
Bastille's Bad Blood is available for download today on iTunes: have you picked it up yet?
- Terry Crews Absolutely Killed It On Lip Sync Battle
- QUIZ: Which Taylor Swift Song Are You?
- 5 Pop Albums with Lyrics Written Entirely by One Person
- 15 Eco-Friendly Anthems for Earth Day
- 7 Great Performances From the 50th ACM Awards
- 5 Love Songs That Are Actually Creepy
- In The Valley Below Sent Us A Message In A Bottle With Handwritten Lyrics On It and You Can Win It!