Bastille's Dan Smith Wrote His 'Pompeii' Lyrics Out For Us
They're not just any set of handwritten lyrics: they're on a poster!
Bastille started out when founding member Dan Smith created a solo project under said name in his hometown of London, England. After wrangling up three more members — Chris Wood, William Farquarson, and Kyle Simmons — Smith turned Bastille into a full-fledged alt-rock four-piece and has taken the music world by storm. The band saw massive success with their hit single "Pompeii," named after the French holiday Bastille Day (which happens to be Smith's birthday) which made it's way onto the Hot 100 earlier this year. Now, new single "Bad Blood" is making moves up the charts.
Dan took the time to write out the lyrics to the band's biggest hit to date, "Pompeii," on this Bad Blood-themed movie poster, exclusively for us, and one lucky Bastille fan has the chance to win them. Want to check out what YOU could have arriving at your doorstep from the band? See 'em below:
Bastille recorded a live performance session of "Bad Blood" for our sister site Last.fm (on a boat!). Watch the band rock it out below, and head on over to Last.fm for more.
Bastille's Bad Blood is available for download today on iTunes: have you picked it up yet?
- 15 Songs For Your Labor Day Long Weekend
- SOJA's "Your Song" Reminds Us That Summer Isn't Over Yet
- WATCH Jessie + Ariana + Nicki Host The Best Rooftop Party Ever
- Ariana Grande's 'My Everything' is Here and the Lyrics are Everything
- WATCH Cobra Starship ft. Icona Pop's (Surprisingly) Romantic Lyric Video
- Darius Rucker's 'Homegrown Honey' Lyrics Are About Finding a Down-Home Soul in The Big City
- 12 Pump-Up Songs to Help Get You Ready for Back-to-School