Worst Bands To See On A First Date
We've all had the dilemma: what to do on a first date? There's the coffee date (too casual?), the dinner date (too serious?), the movie date (too silent!), and the concert date (perfect!).
The concert date is great because it's socially acceptable to have a cocktail and get loosened up, you can chat and get to know your date before and between opening bands, and you get to share your (hopefully) common love of music! Now, how do you choose which band to see on your first date? We're here to help with a little anti-advice — here are some bands NOT to see when you're just getting to know a new potential romantic interest...
I'm gonna trade this life / For fortune and fame / I'd even cut my hair / And change my name
Between Chad Kroeger's intense vocal stylings, the country-rock instrumentals, and the not-so-classy lyrics, this band is better saved for a later date...or never.
And the rain will kill us all / If we throw ourselves against the wall / But no one else can see / The preservation of the martyr in me
Slipknot could be described as many things but one adjective that comes to mind is angry. Not exactly the best band to spend a night getting to know somebody to...
3. Justin Bieber
When I was 13, I had my first love / There was nobody that compared to my baby / And nobody came between us who could ever come above
Seeing Justin Bieber on a first date is not exactly the best way to show your companion that you are mature, cool, calm, and collected. The first reason not to see this teeny-bopper on a date is that he talks about being 13 in his lyrics, and it wasn't all that long ago...
Our friends at WXRT Radio broke down a few more bands not to see on a first date. Have any others to add? How about some bands you SHOULD see on a first date?
- SOJA's "Your Song" Reminds Us That Summer Isn't Over Yet
- WATCH Jessie + Ariana + Nicki Host The Best Rooftop Party Ever
- Ariana Grande's 'My Everything' is Here and the Lyrics are Everything
- WATCH Cobra Starship ft. Icona Pop's (Surprisingly) Romantic Lyric Video
- Darius Rucker's 'Homegrown Honey' Lyrics Are About Finding a Down-Home Soul in The Big City
- 12 Pump-Up Songs to Help Get You Ready for Back-to-School
- Which Will Smith Movie Helped Inspire Bryce Vine's Song 'Take Me Home'?