Would You Sign This Petition To Make R. Kelly's "Ignition (Remix)" The US National Anthem?
Have you ever thought that "The Star-Spangled Banner" could use a little more R&B appeal? Well now you can put your name to a petition that proposes making R. Kelly's masterpiece "Ignition (Remix)" the official national anthem of the United States. The petition needs 100,000 signatures by April 2 for the White House to officially review it, so get to signing! There are a few reasons why this could really be great for America:
1. Everyone knows the words to it
I've never met anyone who doesn't know at least 3/4 of the lyrics to "Ignition (Remix)" and I've never ONCE seen somebody at karaoke even bother looking at the words on the screen. This could be great for national pride, not to mention some whole-hearted sing-alongs!
2. It teaches people how to party the right way
Crystal, stretch limos (or sorry, stretch Navigators), hotels, clubs, R. Kelly's livin' it UP and if you listen closely he'll teach you all his secrets. He even helps the hotel staff out by making it clear that "around about 4 you gotta clear the lobby."
3. It's modern but not too modern
Could you imagine how freaked out everyone would be if they made a dubstep song like Skrillex's "Bangarang" the national anthem? People wouldn't know what to do. But "Ignition (Remix)" is already 10 years old so people have gotten used to it, plus it has a smooth easy-listening sound that pretty much nobody can argue isn't awesome.
Would you sign this petition?
- Joel Crouse Gives Solid Life Advice in His "Even the River Runs" Lyrics
- AUDIO: Charli XCX Rocks Out in New Song "Break The Rules"
- Kesha, Big Sean, Ezra Koenig, Grimes Crash HAIM's "My Song 5" Video
- Here's Taylor Swift's 5 Best Lyric Lines About Shaking Off The Haters
- Look Up Lyrics In A Flash On The New MetroLyrics Mobile Site
- Mikky Ekko's "Smile" Lyrics Aren't As Optimistic As You'd Think
- Bastille's Dan Smith Explains Why He Loves Writing Bleak (Yet Uplifting) Pop Songs