Year-In-Review: Our 5 Best Handwritten Lyric Features of 2013
We had some of the coolest artists on the planet give us their handwritten lyrics this year.
As we take a look back at the year that's almost behind us now, it's been quite a huge 12 months for MetroLyrics. Specifically, in the handwritten lyrics department. We've been collecting the handwritten lyrics from the world's biggest pop stars for a couple of years running, and 2013 delivered some pretty impressive ones to our door.
Count down the best handwritten lyrics we've received from artists, musicians, and singer/songwriters this year as we go from five to one:
5. Paul Anka's "My Way"
You can't get much more legendary than this! Classic singer/songwriter Paul Anka gave us the handwritten lyrics to the track famously done by Frank Sinatra, and we're still baffled that we got to see them in person.
4. Krystal Keith's "Get Your Redneck On" + "Whiskey & Lace"
Not one, but two handwritten lyrics from country star Krystal Keith, daughter of fellow country star Toby Keith! She also explained the lyrics to us via a sit-down interview, which was totally cool.
3. Bastille's "Pompeii"
Handwritten lyrics to one of 2013's biggest songs on an epic movie-style poster? Yes please! So much love for Bastille.
2. Miguel's "Kaleidoscope Dream" + "Candles In The Sun" + "The Thrill"
This was one of 2013's highlights for sure: not only receiving three lines from three separate songs from Miguel, but getting to meet him for an interview as well! We love that dude.
1. John Legend's "All Of Me"
Here's the handwritten lyrics to one of the year's most romantic odes, as well as one of the biggest R&B stars on the planet. People went WILD for these lyrics from John Legend!
What handwritten lyrics did you love the most this year? Tell us in the comments!
- Metallica's Late Late Show Run Continues With "Enter Sandman"
- Go On A Date With Every One Direction Member in "Night Changes"
- 5 More Songs That Were Written For Other Artists
- Bruno Mars Returns with Mark Ronson in "Uptown Funk"
- Watch Meghan Trainor's Candy-Colored "Lips Are Movin" Video
- Get The Party Started With Chase Rice's 'We Goin' Out' Lyric Video (PREMIERE)
- Find Out Who's Performing At The 2014 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show