Yuna "Rescue" Handwritten Lyrics
The up-and-coming singer/songwriter shared her lyrics exclusively with us.
In only a short amount of time, Malaysian singer/songwriter Yuna was able to make the crossover into international pop, and her position there has been cemented with her Oct. 29th release Nocturnal. It's a blend of soul, R&B, folk and even electronic music on her latest LP, which all comes together on the album's catchy single "Rescue".
Growing up in Kuala Lumpur, Yuna was raised in a musical family and started playing the guitar and songwriting at the age of 14. "I think that people are looking for music that's real and honest and that they can relate to emotionally," states Yuna on her songwriting, "[And] I think we've created that with Nocturnal. The whole project was a challenge for me, but I'm very happy with the way it turned out."
"Rescue" is a song written for an independent female who deals with her troubles on her own, and we were lucky enough to receive the handwritten lyrics to the uplifting track from Yuna herself. Written out in one of our favorite colors (fuchsia for the win!), you can see the handwritten lyrics to Yuna's "Rescue" right here:
Yuna recently dropped a fan-generated lyric video for "Rescue", where her followers submitted photos to Twitter and Instragram to be featured in the clip. Check it out on VEVO below:
Download Yuna's latest release Nocturnal off iTunes today.
What's your favorite lyric from Yuna's single "Rescue"? Let us know in the comments.
- Watch Darlene Love's Final Christmas Performance on David Letterman TONIGHT
- This Hilarious Misheard Lyrics Video Will Force You to Rethink Your List of "Starbucks Lovers"
- Who Else Has Been Naughty & Nice This Christmas? WATCH Pt. II
- Get To Know The 'WILD' Soundtrack With These Exclusive Lyric Cards
- Best Singles of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Tracks
- Ring In 2015 With Our All-Night New Years Playlist
- 15 Artists We Bet Will Make Waves In 2015